It's a space-based math game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Okay, I've been going crazy trying to remember this game. I had it on my old IBM PS/2.

Essentially, the plot of the game was that teenagers were launched into space and they had to fight this evil alien who was plotting to slime/trash the Earth/do something evil. By getting enough points, you could beat the alien.

The game was simple. There was a board, much like Scrabble, in which some boxes were filled with numbers or equation operators (+, -, *, /), and some boxes were blank. Between each turn between you and the computer, a green slimy thing (who looks one of the Scrubbing Bubbles), would run around the board. If you could steer him into an empty box, you'd get double points on that equation.

In between rounds, you'd go back to a bar-like thing, and a robot that had a TV set for his torso would appear and talk to you.

Yeah, I don't remember much else, simply because I played the game about 10 or 11 years ago. And I never typed the full name into the prompt, only its initials.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Not super munchers( Just a placebo :P ) or Maths Blaster (Im sure its this one)
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

No, I've played Math Blaster before. In Math Blaster, you control an astronaut shooting things in space or exploring a region with a blaster. This game had no shooting whatsoever. It had no platforming aspects either.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
daniel

Post by daniel »

its outnumbered!!
dolan18840

Math Blaster

Post by dolan18840 »

hey guys! it was math blaster.. i have a great mem and even though it was like 10 years ago i remeber this is the game..lol.. have a great day
CPT Worm

Re: Math Blaster

Post by CPT Worm »

dolan18840 wrote:hey guys! it was math blaster.. i have a great mem and even though it was like 10 years ago i remeber this is the game..lol.. have a great day
Um, no. It's not Math Blaster.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
questor765

Post by questor765 »

Just found this old post by trying to search for the same game. I think it came out in the late 90's. I remember you could pick which alien to challenge at the bar. I also think some levels involved magic squares?

I think the whole story was themed around an alien gameshow and the loser's planet got green slime dumped all over it. The tv/robot guy was the gameshow host
questor765

Post by questor765 »

I found it! It's "Mutanoid math challenge"
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

Yep! Sorry, I haven't logged on in like three years. lol

But you're right! I'm going to try to find a good working copy so I can play and review it, one of these days...
Sustinendum Victoriam!