member ratings

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hmmm, well hun you must be blind because I'm all over dosgames :P I usualy spam every thread B)
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

emmzee wrote:*coughs* Please don't make posts in order to artificially increase your post count ... :blah: Thanks!

(I've clarified the <a href="http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about2242.html">forum rules</a> to make this a bit more explicit, it wasn't really stated clearly before.)
Considering what a cool guy emmzee is, the PostCount Athletic Championship Tournament is officially cancelled.

Besides, I probably wouldn't have been that successful anyway...
Swiftman
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Swiftman »

If you play for the sole purpose to win, then you and I shouldn't compete.

Probably.

I always compete for the fun to be had in something, never with the intention to win or something like that.
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Both are important. For fun AND to win.

Don't worry I'm not a sore loser. I simply felt that I'm not as mouse-flexed as the awesome posting stars like TSM. :laugh:
Swiftman
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Swiftman »

tSM is the best poster ever.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Damn straight.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Instead on just focusing on the raw quantity of posts, maybe there's a more meaningful way of looking at it.

Let's use the Top 100 Posters as our foundation. If you're not in the Top 100, you're not posting enough. We can then work from there.

The Top 100's lowest is 37 posts. If you have less than 37 posts, you're not a mainstream member. 37 posts is not too hard to get, so the Top 100 sounds pretty reasonable enough.

Usually, wealth is divided into 5 Blocks. Meaning that if you make about $96,000 US per year (about $113,000 CDN), you are in the same category as Bill Gates.

(edit: Therefore we can use that analogy to describe our post counts, dividing them into 5 appropriate blocks, substituting post counts for amounts of money, as shown below)

To be on the 1st Block, you need 730 posts
To be on the 2nd Block, you need 323 posts
To be on the 3rd Block, you need 120 posts
To be on the 4th Block, you need 55 posts
To be on the 5th Block, you need 38 posts

The most important thing to celebrate is to go from one block to another (going from block 5 to block 4, 4 to 3, 3 to 2, and 2 to 1).

I just barely started to enter the 3rd block, and got a long way to go before I make it to the 2nd block. For TSM/Dogbreath and the others in the 1st Block, enjoy and celebrate! :D

edit: Fixed the error which implied that Larry was in the same financial category as Mr. Microsoft himself
Last edited by Final Chance on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Ever heard of overanalysis?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

So... I fall in the same category as Bill Gates? :huh:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Only if your annual salary is approx. 243,000 Lei per year or higher.

As far as post counts are concerned, you're in the same category as the most successful post-count man Dogbreath.

DB: never heard of that word before, but it can describe my life sometimes.
Last edited by Final Chance on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Final Chance wrote:Only if your annual salary is approx. 243,000 Leu per year or higher.
And the daily info:

If you don't know how to articulate, just use RON instead of LEU(correct would be LEI... plural) :laugh:
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Well do you make 243,000 RON or more per year?

(dang that international ignorance...)
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Only in my dreams... :laugh:
<center>
</center>

Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Larry Laffer wrote:So... I fall in the same category as Bill Gates? :huh:
Therefore, the answer to your original question would be officially a "no" as far as money is concerned.

Of course Bill Gates could join this forum and try to get 730 or more posts, then you could claim to be in the same category as he is. After all if it weren't for him, this site would likely not exist since Tim Paterson's DOS would most likely not have been as popular as it has been without Bill Gates/Microsoft's marketing strength.

Then Bill Gates could freely break emmzee's new rule since I doubt anyone would want to ban him. Of course I don't encourage him to do that.

(edit: Just realized the mistake I made in the logic pattern in the post above and edited it appropriately. Sorry, Larry)
Last edited by Final Chance on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

$96,000 is the highest cut-off in the United States' income tax system. That's why someone with $96,000 is considered to be in the same block as Bill Gates.

And, FC, that's just a bit nerdy. Hahaha
Sustinendum Victoriam!
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Oh, Bill Gates would be SO banned! :D <i>This is for Windows ME!!! *bans*</i>
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Actually, if I were you emmzee, I'd ban Bill for the crappy IE, then remove his ban, and ban him for ME, then remove his ban and ban him for the general flaws in the Windows Operating Systems, then remove his ban and ban him for stealing ideas from MAC OS X to use in Vista. And then I'd create a script that would ban him for a randomly chosen reason(in total 1500), then remove the ban and so on.... :devil:
<center>
</center>

Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Damn you all, I'm first block. :D
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

emmzee wrote:Oh, Bill Gates would be SO banned! :D <i>This is for Windows ME!!! *bans*</i>
You'd have to beat me to it. ;)
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
cazgotsaved
Expert
Expert

Post by cazgotsaved »

Okay this is probably a bad idea, especially considering that I think my only actual contribution to this thread was the first post, but what about a spam-o-meter? If you just talk smack all the time, or give broken links, your spam meter goes up, and if it gets to a certain level, then like, you get a special ranking, like sir-spam-a-lot, or sir-sucks-at-gaming or...you get the picture. I get automatic diplomatic immunity for proposing the idea btw!
And hey, I used self-deprecating humor when I misspelled "mroal", .... oh wait! wait! Dudes *and -ettes* Have you ever seen the worst of American Idol? The one chick with the pink plastic cowboy hat who can't sing to save her life? Then, when the judges start ripping her, she's all "I know I can't sing, you can TEACH me!" and they're like "um...no." And she cries and we mock her? Yeah, um...I don't remember why I brought that up...oh wait yes I do.
Mastermind, I KNEW I misspelled that, but you can TEACH me!