One-Handed Games :P

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

One-Handed Games :P

Post by Larry Laffer »

ok... here's the low-down... I recently broke my left arm... now I have to wear a cast(for another 2 weeks), wich renders my left hand's fingers useless, and I can't play anything that involves the keys a,s,d,w,q,e and so on....

Till now I played every single game that was mouse only (I finished Cursor and 3D Rocket 10 times already) and I'd really apreciate it if you'd name a few mouse-only games.... CUZ I'M BORED STIFF ALREADY!!!!! :sleep:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

I like the title. :P

Try this: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis ... es/1144175
(Scroll down and select 'The Blob - Engelstalige versie, 97mb')
It's funny for some time, and it only needs the mouse. It was a project of some students, it's a bit like katamari but more colorfull. (I do hope your pc can take it, though)
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Lol it looks so cool :( . However:
De minimale systeemeis om De Blob soepel te spelen is zo ongeveer een 2ghz processor en 512mb RAM. Videokaart maakt niet eens zoveel uit voor de framerate.
I can't understand much out of that article but I can understand the minimum requirements: 2GHz and 512 RAM... WAY out of my PC's reach :P
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

There are actually a number of mouse only games or games that you can either choose to use keyboard or mouse. Just don't know where to start recommending you.

Have you played / finished Lemmings, Zeek the Geek, there are sone online flash games played using the mouse.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Monkey Island!
Sustinendum Victoriam!
fauvem
Expert
Expert

Post by fauvem »

hmmm, that a good question & a nice title... I get back to you on that one
If I'm not here, I'm wandering the catacomb's of the mind, tempting madness at every turn, trying to remember where I put the remote!
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

If you're desperate, you could always take up Runescape. But that's a last resort. Right now, Sierra-style adventure games are your best friend. Actually, no...ADOM is your friend. Play ADOM. Now. Your life will improve. Or deterioate, depends on how you look at it..Ask Dogbreath if you don't believe me.

http://www.adom.de/
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

have you tried kings quest? the later ones like 6 and 7
or just try random flash games
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Thanks guys :D , however... Since I DID finish or got stuck, screamed and deleted all the quest games from Sierra and Lucas Arts(yes that includes Monkey Island... I finished both... damn odd ending for the second one :rolleyes: )
Also... Runescape??? No bloody way... I spent 5 weeks with it already and I'm sick of it :P

And speaking of flash games... god Am I happy I installed the Firefox game toolbar
I found http://www.play.vg/ which has more Flash clones after DOS games than I could imagine... tough I couldn't imagine more than 50 :P

Now excuse me... Im gonna go finish Zeek the Geek again... I wonder if this time I'll beat my 30 minutes record B)
<center>
</center>

Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Try out ADOM, then. Be warned, I can't guarantee you having any form of social contact after you get into it.
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I will give you a list of great games you can play with 1 hand. You can play any sid meir, chris sawyer and maxis games with one hand. You can play most ball and paddle games and quite a few puzzle games. Try point and click sierra games or play adom. You can play wolfenstein or doom with the mouse. You can play jazz jackrabbit but you may need to change the controls a bit. You can play racing games with the arrows.
<i>Formerly known as Hulk Hogan.</i>
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Thanks

Oh and by the way... I got rid of the cast the day before yesterday :laugh:

Thanks anyways. :thumbsup:
<center>
</center>