Wanting a dos game

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Wanting a dos game

Post by abyss »

I want to download a free ware dos game but i do not know what game i should download because my internet connection has a prolem where if you download a lot of things on the internet than the internet will not work for a few hours.So i can only install 1 or 2 games a day so what games do you reccomend.i only go to my dads every 2 weeks and i will go their this friday and use my computer that is almost meant to play dos games because windows games do not work perfectly on that computer yet dos games work perfectly.On this computer dos games do not work perfectly yet windows games work perfectly.The internet on that computer works perfectly and i can down load things on the internet and my internet won't stop working for aq few hours but i can't always be at my dads house. so i can only install 1 or 2 games a day so what game do you reccomend.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Duke Nukem 3D definetly!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I want a free ware game not share ware.
<i>Formerly known as Hulk Hogan.</i>
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Let's see....
If you like quests(point and click or write trough... And if you're over 18 years old :laugh: ) I say Leisure Suit Larry!... oh wait that ain't freeware ooops!
OK the basics: DOOM for shooters
DUNE 2 for adventures
Lemmings for fun
Scorched Earth if you're bored as hell and want a dumb, stupid, pointless game.(same goes with PAC-MAN)

And in case you really don't know what to choose, go to www.dosgames.com and randomly click on a game... I got lucky 5 times in a row this way :laugh:

Also: LSL compilations for sale at 25 bucks!!!???!!! Damn now I REALLY want a credit card!
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I just found my copies of full versions of supaplex,Quake and tomb raider and i am buying the full version again of doom which i lost. i don't want share ware or demo games i want free ware.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I'm not sure but I think I saw full version DOOM somewhere... gonna pm u the link if I find it!

Also the funny thing is I started posting my message while only Hulk had a post in this thread :P
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I know where to find the full version of doom.Does anyone know how to change your colour to 32 bit on a xp
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

nope but there IS an open version for XP... Which I hate btw!
<center>
</center>

Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

Right click your desktop, click properties, then go to the settings tab.

As for adventure point-and-click games, I strongly recommend Monkey Island 1 & 2 (I'm not sure if they're free now). There's also Beneath a Steel Sky which is free now. You'll probably need ScummVM (free) to run these.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Oh I thought he meant how to change the color depth of DOOM! silly me!
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I needed to have 32 bit colour to play quake when i had it installed on my computer. I think i will buy quake 3 though.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I wish I weren't ripped off each time I bought a game :(
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

My copy of tomb raider 2 is not working. It says their is no cd when there is a cd. Quake 2 is not working. Supaplex won't play. Frogger no longer works right. It is time to sell more old games due to terriable conditioned disks which are beyond repair. I have had to sell over 10 games so far due to a disks.They were great games though. :Angry: :Angry: :Angry:
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Did those games work before?
And before you sell them you should try DOSBox or Win 98 or something like that
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

They all used to work on my xp and windows 95 and windows 98. They no longer work on any of those windows computers.The disks are in very terriable shape so that might be the reason. I want to download a free ware game to chear me up. I do not know what game to choose and keep n mind that with my internet i can only download 1 or 2 things a day.
artman186

Post by artman186 »

One Must Fall 2097, God of Thunder, Bio-Menace. Three fantastic titles, all released as freeware.