Starcraft

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Then SC is a ripoff those games and so many games (remeber anything? :D)

EA sucks for making games just for profit! Blizzard sucks for wanting people to pay to play games!

But did you notice that lately Blizzard didn't make any original NEW games?
They just exploit Warcraft! And they postpone Diablo indefinetly! Next will be WOW-the burning crusade or something, the WOW2, and I don't even dare to think of what will be beyond that :jester:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

All RTS games are similar, their not really ripped off...

And EA are crap all around, programming, etc. I liked it better when they were Electronic Arts.

But hey, all video game companies make all games for profit, so thats not really a point Larry.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Vangar -. . . . SC is a ripp of these games. If it's not what would it be then ?
You can't really say that SC is a "one of a kind". :sleep:
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

DUDE! Making games for profit and not out of love for games SUCKS!!!!!!
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Larry Laffer wrote:DUDE! Making games for profit and not out of love for games SUCKS!!!!!!
Nothing else to say. I AGREE :sleep:
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Comet/2481/beta.html

^^ These are what beta versions of SC looked like. Warning, the English is a little hard to follow.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
fauvem
Expert
Expert

Post by fauvem »

I remember looking at that, I was looking for the project that converts warcraft3 into starcraft but I stumbled upon that instead. I managed to endure reading it, its not that bad, I've seen alot worse.
If I'm not here, I'm wandering the catacomb's of the mind, tempting madness at every turn, trying to remember where I put the remote!
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Yeah! It's and OK site! I'd realy like to play SC Beta though it was supposed to be Multiplayer only!
<center>
</center>

Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

Larry Laffer wrote:DUDE! Making games for profit and not out of love for games SUCKS!!!!!!
How do you expect game developers to get food and pay rent? It's a job, you know, and jobs are there so you can make money. The game developers love making games, the company itself may only be after profit but that's irrelevant.

Also, Blizzard is owned by Vivendi Universal.

Also, about Blizzard not making original games... well people run out of ideas. Companies that make a shitload of different games that aren't that great, Blizzard makes a few high quality games. I see no problem with that. Warcraft is a great franchise, Blizzard would be stupid for not capitalizing on it. (Let me also note they're making shitloads of money from World of Warcraft).

And where did you guys hear about Starcraft 2? No mention of it on the Blizzard website.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

I have seen a video of Starcaft 2. If you have played the campaign in Brood War, when they say Protoss/Zerg, they mean creepy creations. Here is the link of the video I saw. If you think it's just someone playing a Warcraft 3 game with Starcraft skins, there is no Protoss/Zerg skin. So hear is the web site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyW7LfKlyrI
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

a video of starcraft 2?
not quite.. its actually a C&C mod called Starkiller (?) but its still pretty cool
enjoy =]
From the page you linked, in the video description.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Amro: I know the programmers have to make a living and I totally agrea with paying for games but making games JUST to make money is realy bad! And if they don't have a good idea on a new game, at least make a good re-make or something!

And speaking of mods: You know there is a total rebuild of SC called... DAMN! I can't remember the name, I know I have it on a CD but I can't remember the name!
You know each unit was looking different and had other names/stats.
<center>
</center>

Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

Who's making games just to make money? I'm sure they enjoy making games, whoever you're talking about. As I said earlier, the company might be after the money but the I'm sure the developers enjoy their work.

Except the poor suckers stuck debugging other people's code.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

And except the poor bastards stuck at beta testing! Damn you know how hard it is?

And not just the company is after the money. I bet that 90% of the programmers at EA don't give a damn about the game as long as they're getting paid :P
<center>
</center>

Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

Beta testing? Getting paid to play games? QA is one of the best jobs. Ever.

Debugging can be very very frustrating, and is 100 times harder when it's somebody else's code.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Have you ever tried beta-testing? Do you know how hard it is to try every SINGLE place on the map, be VERY observant, imaginative, think "what if a bug is hidden in here" :D

And as a thing: I once applyied for a beta-tester(free but it was supposed to be fun) and they gave me a game with 50 glitches. I only found 34 and failed the test. And I really don't think I don't know HOW to play games :(
so THERE! :P
<center>
</center>

Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

I frequently find bugs/glitches in games. I tend to try things the game was not meant for once I get bored with it.

Unless you're playing a really bad game, at least you're having fun at the same time :)
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

@Larry:Which game was it?
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

It didn't expose it's name but it was a western kind of FPS! Crap even for a beta version!
<center>
</center>

Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

A new SC will be released. Starcfaft QUEEN of BLADES. Someone here how jumps on his/her feets and gets CRAZY when you think about how GOOD that game will be? :thumbsup:

IF you wann'a check out the newest things about Starcraft check this mainsite - http://www.battle.net/scc/