E-Mail address

If you experience problems or errors with the discussion forum, post here. Problems with individual users should be reported to the mods or the admin.
The_Duke

E-Mail address

Post by The_Duke »

I don't have a email address. I attempted to sign up using a fake email address, and apparently that doesn't work. My parents won't let me have a email address, so I don't have one. Since a email is out of the question, please tell me if you can fix it so I can sign up without it. I hope you can, because I would enjoy being a member of this great forum. Thanks.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

How did u end up douing it, it says u joined.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

use the main one (that came with your ISP). The only e-mail you get is one to activate your account. After that, it is only used to retrieve passwords (i think)
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

lol, that was what i was gonna say after
webmaster from hell

Post by webmaster from hell »

Methinks he got registered using the fake one and found out it didnt work, cause it sends a email ya gotta follow the link on to activate the account so you can login.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

um ya, we've already figured that out. Perhaps you should get another counter in your sig to count useless posts from the day you put up the counter. :)
The_Duke

Post by The_Duke »

Afraid I can't do that. My computer is set up so I can't delete my history, so that doesn't work. :cry: Ahh gawd. Anyhow, maybe I can use Dogbreaths e-mail address to sign up, and then just change my password so he wouldn't know my password. If so, then somehow my screwed up member account "The Duke" has to be deleted so I can open a new account with the same name.
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: E-Mail address

Post by kenny »

The_Duke wrote:I don't have a email address. I attempted to sign up using a fake email address, and apparently that doesn't work. My parents won't let me have a email address, so I don't have one. Since a email is out of the question, please tell me if you can fix it so I can sign up without it. I hope you can, because I would enjoy being a member of this great forum. Thanks.

hahhaa.... dude you're such a pussy! screw your parents! why shouldnt they let u have your own email?
dude you make ma laugh! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :D :D

what a looser! :thumbsup:

Da_Goat: Please refrain from flaming our members. Consider this your first warning.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

You can't register with the same email account that some one else has. Also, when you change it (I did when I got my hotmail) it closes your account and resends the confirmation email to the new address, so if it's fake, you can't sign up. And I said it before (or someone else did) to just use your main EMail address. Your @attbi.com one or something. Just delete the email when you get it, after clicking the link. It's not that hard.

Another idea: Sign up for hotmail from another computer, like a school one, then sign up for the forum. Then you don't have to worry about it again.

Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

The_Duke wrote:Afraid I can't do that. My computer is set up so I can't delete my history, so that doesn't work. :cry: Ahh gawd. Anyhow, maybe I can use Dogbreaths e-mail address to sign up, and then just change my password so he wouldn't know my password. If so, then somehow my screwed up member account "The Duke" has to be deleted so I can open a new account with the same name.
I'm sorry, but the board won't let you use my e-mail address to sign up. Even if it did, I would still refuse as the board would consider *you* to be *me* and send me all announcements/warnings that would otherwise be directed to you.

On the other hand, I could create an e-mail address for you to use so long as you would promise not to use it to make death-threats or whatnot that would allow the authorities to track it back to me.

Post by Guest »

Dogbreath wrote: On the other hand, I could create an e-mail address for you to use so long as you would promise not to use it to make death-threats or whatnot that would allow the authorities to track it back to me.
LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: Jeez, thats funny. Anyhow, yeah I promise not to. And yeah you can go ahead and get me a address. Thanks. Then how do I get rid of the 'member' The Duke that was added when I attempted to sign up with a fake email? Its still there, and I cant make a new member with the same name.
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: E-Mail address

Post by kenny »

Da_Goat: Please refrain from flaming our members. Consider this your first warning.[/quote]

hihi ok i will... but his still weak in my eyes :laugh:
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

yeah, yeah....I know :laugh:
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

DB will delete the old sign-up with a fake email. Don't worry about it.

Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Have one of the MODS sign them selves up and give you the password... Then Change it, because..... :o

You can *cough* trust the John the Ax....

He'll post it. Then you can change it. (set up a time for doing it. So WFH doesn't see it! :D )
Webmaster- <a href="http://www.dosgames.com/~bobo">Bobo's DOSGames</a>
^ Biggest Dos 3D Shooters site in the World! :)
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Over <b>100900</b> Downloads since 2004