Looking for old childhood games.

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
NOT Ellensburg!

Looking for old childhood games.

Post by NOT Ellensburg! »

Please bear with me, as my memory of these games are sketchy at best.

These were on my old man's old dos windows 3.3 comp., and perhaps with an old Windows WEP,
but seeing I was four at the time, I would not know.

Before you actually play, dialogue scrolls up next to a picture of somthing that I cannot remember.
You pilot a chopper shooting down UFO's and saving little stick figures on the ground.

Another one is a 'defend your city' game, where you shoot the bombs before they destroy your city.
More begin to fall and they get faster. You have to be careful as you run out of missiles after a while.

Next is the most vague of all, old school dos Asteroids.

I acknowledge the fact these descriptions are poor, but I am currently under the
'I'll know it when I see it' mentality, so don't be afraid to throw a million sites at me.
Clearly, I have a lot of time on my hands. :rolleyes:

Thank you for for your time,
~NOT Ellensburg!
NeonAmd64
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by NeonAmd64 »

Actually I played those games before but what I remember is the defending your city game I can't remember the name exactly.

I liked this game too much :P especially when the game increases it speed, it gets harder. :)

Maybe I had the game in my old CDs store, I will check it out.
I am living in a black metal and I hope I die for a principle. And of course you still don't know me….
Words are coded in the two sentences above, don't try to decode it.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Same

Im sure i have played or have that defender one.

Sounds like Nite Raid
http://www.dosgames.com/~wally4000/game ... d/raid.htm

Post by Guest »

I believe the defend your city game was called "Missile Command". There's a similiar type of game on this website called ABM where you shoot down missiles wave after wave. I don't know if this helps you any.

I also managed to find a similiar helicopter game, but this one also has you shooting tanks as well as UFO's. It's called Airlift Rescue.

As for Asteroids, there is a flash version if you search on Google for "asteroid dos game". It was the third link when I searched.

Hope this helps. You can reach me at [email protected] if you want the helicopter game.

I am really sorry

Post by Guest »

I couldn't find it :shame: ... I will search the internet instead.
Not ellensberg

Post by Not ellensberg »

The asteroids one was close. I will have to look through those more, but thanks for looking!