Lagging in Duke Nukem 2

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
grsbmd

Lagging in Duke Nukem 2

Post by grsbmd »

I've installed Duke Nukem 2 and I've done everything in the "getting dos games to run in xp" thread, but the game still isn't quite right. The speed of the game seems to be a bit sporatic.

It lags a little bit, just enough to be a problem. I've given it all the memory I can.

Any suggestions?
Hiver88

Post by Hiver88 »

Try using CPU Kill. It is a program that will run your CPU at a slower speed so old games run better. You can get it from the 3Drealms download page.

Post by Guest »

What I do to stop the "Lion King" lagging:

When inside the game, Press Control + alt + delete. Go to "performance." However the active window still has to be on "doxbox." Press Cntrl + F12 or Cntrl + F11 over and over again to change the amount of computer usage.
franpa
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by franpa »

or, run the game with dosbox then use the ctrl + f12 and ctrl + f11 keys while playing without any unnecceary ctrl + alt + delete crap
Intel Core2 DUO e6750 @ 2.66GHZ
Asus P5KC Mother Board
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
2 Gigabytes DDR2 800 RAM Dual Channel
500 Gigabytes SATA2 Hard Disk
Creative X-FI Extreme Music
BFG Geforce 8800gt 512mb PCI-E (OC1)
Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply
Thermaltake Armor+ MX Case.

Click here to download 'Milo The Fuel Run'. [More Information.]

duke trouble too

Post by guest »

not trying to take over but have no prob. playing dn3d but can't load the plutonium pak.....i have ran it b4 on this PC and have used the patch from 3D realms but i just cant get it to work,,,,,i tried the dosbox,,LOL had no clue how to work that even after printing the read me out...please any and all idea's welcome thank's