Musicals?

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
treblemaker32

Musicals?

Post by treblemaker32 »

Anyone like em? I was thinking of going to see Tarzan the musical in a couple weeks in New York and I was wondering if anyone had seen it or heard about it? I'm not ready to drop the money to get across the country if it's not good :blah:. The music's beautiful though, I heard a couple songs from my coworker at UMGD and I thought it was great! Phil Collins did all the music and lyrics, and while I'm not usually a big fan of his, this album definitely won me over (if you're interested you can give it a listen at www.tarzanthemusical.com). Anyone else heard the music or seen the production yet?
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

Hey, Tarzan is a musical?! That's awesome! That'd be fun for my high school to do.
I like musicals, that's for sure, but I've never heard of Tarzan being one. (Obviously)
If you go, tell me about it...
julie123

Post by julie123 »

I never saw one in real life:P only on tv.... they dont have them where i live well not that i know anyway :rolleyes:
~*^Jewel$^*~
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

You're missing out Julie!
I've been in two of my high school musicals, and I've gone and seen a lot from past years of the high schools in my city. And I went to Toronto and saw Mama Mia!
(My whole family is big on ABBA)
It was awesome.
I'm hoping that if I get a little better with my voice, I can make it to Broadway....:)
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

that would be sweet, Yeah I'll have to go see one whenever i move away...
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Oddly enough there’s been a lot of musicals on TV tonight. So far I’ve watched Grease and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. :D

I also saw my cousins school put on a production of Grease about a month back, it was really good. School productions are great to go and see, especially if you know people in it, it can be a really enjoyable night, even if the singing isn’t always the greatest. :P
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I saw grease, i own grease, it was an aquired taste no doubt
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

The_Sinister_Mastermind wrote:Oddly enough there’s been a lot of musicals on TV tonight. So far I’ve watched Grease and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. :D
without doubt the rocky horror picture show is the best musical ever. im trying to get my friend to watch it but since i told him the story line he keeps backing off it somehow.
and is it sad that i seem to know the entire movie word for word?
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

it is... but whats sadder i never saw it, but I remember everyone talking about it:P