really old dos game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.

really old dos game

Post by Guest »

I have looked for over 2 years with no luck. This is my last resort. I am looking for a gam that came out in the 1980's, It is a flying game. This is only a 2D game. In the game you take off from a carrier or sometimes a land base and fly over some islands and drop bombs on anti aircraft sites and use your machine guns to kill the enemy. The graphice are pretty cheesy because the people in the game are really small stick figures. I played it as a kid in H.S. and lost the 3.5 inch disk. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!! I never knew the name of the game because someone had copied it and given it to me.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Ahhh this sounds just like Thunderstrike (I think :suspicious: ) on Commodore 64 :P

Post by Guest »

thanks i'll look it up
Howard81

Post by Howard81 »

Sounds identical to Desert Strike by Electronic Arts, the sequel was Jungle Strike. It's a really good game, I played it for hours when it first came out...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/desert-st ... o-the-gulf
Do-Ran

Post by Do-Ran »

sounds a little like chopper to me, well except for the taking off from a carrier part
Howard81

Post by Howard81 »

8 pages of Helicopter games... it must be in there somewhere... :D

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/x,56/list-games/
Kilo Bravo

Post by Kilo Bravo »

You took off from a carrier in a helicopter that is equipped with bombs and a gun flying over islands taking out anti-aircraft point defenses... Hmm...sounds like Raid on Bungeling Bay to me.
Join me one in all in the neverending search for the Great Game.