What HDTV do I get to avoid burn-in?

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
CityMouse

What HDTV do I get to avoid burn-in?

Post by CityMouse »

So I’m in the market for a new fancy big TV (I'm thinking around 70"). The reason I’m buying a new one is that my current 20-year-old TV has a busload of things burned into the screen from years of gaming. I have meters in all four corners. I have the opening screen to the original Nintendo and (I think) the PSX. I have random ghosts of things that I don’t know what they are. I am really bad about passing out in front of the TV with my game paused. So, I want to buy a new TV, but I never want this to happen to me again. Anyone know what kind of TV won’t do this?  I asked Google and it gave me this, is this a good thing: http://www.dlp.com/
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Newer TVS dont really promote Burn in.

Apparently they flicker really quick. However If you were to fall asleep infront of the TV.
Before you play set sleep mode so it turns off after one hour and if you dont fall asleep well press it again.

Just a suggestion.
jmmijo
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by jmmijo »

I don't think this is any issue with the current crop of Flat Panels, regardless if they are LCD or Plasma.

This seems to only be an issue with CRT's.
Suck it down!
kung_fu_fist

Post by kung_fu_fist »

I was looking at some at the store, the salesman actuly let me connect PS2 to one, and all I have to say is WOW, OMG was like a 20in Dell but 60in. I want to get it, give me a little feed back if you can, before I buy.
CityMouse

Post by CityMouse »

I was thinking about doing that KUNG , was reading on another board that dlp has a lower response rate compaired to LCD, will have to keep doing my research.