DOSGAMES.com Forum -> Becoming *THE* DOS games forum? (Po

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.

Join forums with dosgamesarchive.com?

Yea! The more users, the better!
64%
Yea! Maybe the forum won't suck as much!
No votes
No! I fear change!
36%
Whatchu talkin' bout, emmzee?!
No votes

Total votes: 14

Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Oz »

ok, i'm all for it... sorry, i had coursework, and that made me slave away at the computer all day.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

WFH brought up a really good point (up till the end)
EMMZEEE!! Think about what you are doing!! Expansion and popularity is great, but when it get so expanded and popular that the forum loses it induviduality and small-forum flavor you will wish you had never taken the step you are thinking about.

and i dont really know the people there either. I mean, im sure they are a nice group of people and all, but i kinda like this small kinda 'cosy' population we have here. You have to remember that the more people we have the more future zz8s we could encounter. Im not too sure as to what to think of the whole idea. I can only assume that they are about the same as us (seeing how this is the first i've ever heard of Jorrit and he's gained ADMIN status) but i guess we could join forces with them.

btw: Welcome to the forum, Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Richard
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Heya,

Jorrit is the webmaster of dosgamesarchive.com. ;) Everyone wave hello! I thought it was only fair that he be an admin.

As for losing the "cosy" feeling ... well you'll always have the 'Elite' club. ;)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

(seeing how this is the first i've ever heard of Jorrit and he's gained ADMIN status)
No, I remember another post....he was asking how to solve a problem one of his users asked.....he was under "dosgamesarchive.com" though, I think.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

i have another idea. We should set up a couple of usergroups. One for dosgames users ONLy and the other for dosgamesarchive.com
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

what about us that are already in a usergroup?
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

well, you can be in more than one usergroup....
webmaster from hell

Post by webmaster from hell »

I am all for having a usergroup for each site, although wed have to do something about figuring out where future members came from, and all that.
Jorrit
Admin
Admin

Post by Jorrit »

Hello to all! :)

Yesterday Emmzee changed a few small things on this forum. After I received an e-mail from him saying "the site is ready for linking", I've added a link to this place in the navigation bar on DosGamesArchive.com and placed a small news message about it on the main page.

Most of the people running this board like the idea, some of them not 100%, but I think there will be a positive impact.

About the usergroups: in fact it's a good way to see where members came from, but the idea was to make one universal forum. Maybe it's better to see first how it goes?
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

There's no point in restricting information from anybody from either site. Individual site usergroups (and forums) are a bad idea, IMHO.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

I agree....and then you'll get mixed up, and forget who came from where...and what about people that go to and came from both?