Identify a miner-like game [Mine Bombers]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Jogobella

Identify a miner-like game [Mine Bombers]

Post by Jogobella »

hi, I am sure someone knows this game. I've been desperately googling it for a good while now. please reply if you know it.

it runs under dos or windows, I don't remember. you are a miner digging your way through various mazes collecting treasure as you go. gold bars, crosses, crowns, etc. you have a variety of weapons at your disposal such as urethan bomb which helps slow your enemies down and is harder to dig through. some of the materials down in the maze are also hard to dig through, such as a stone as opposed to standard dirt. at the end of a level, you are allowed to purchase more pickaxes and other power player's trinkets which make your digging easier. I think you can choose from three pickaxe sizes and the more you buy the easier you dig. sounds familiar? :-)

you only have 1 life throughout the game. when an enemy gets too close to you, all you leave behind is a red spot. everything in the game is very tiny. your character has some 10x10 pixels.

the word URETHAN could be the buzz word here. you can cover free area with a couple of squares of urethan, shown as shiny yellow substance, and this, I think, slows your enemies down if they are chasing you.

well, no more hints left to share. if you know this game, please tell me its name. thank you!
mr abominable snowman

Post by mr abominable snowman »

Mine Bombers?

sounds like it; its in dosgames - 2nd one down
http://www.dosgames.com/g_act3.php

Post by Guest »

mr abominable snowman wrote:Mine Bombers?

sounds like it; its in dosgames - 2nd one down
YEESSS!!! Thank you SO MUCH! I have been looking for this game for like a year! :thumbsup:
mr abominable snowman

Post by mr abominable snowman »

well glad to have helped...cept if u just googled in uretha and dos, it came up with it pretty quickly...

now i just hope someone finds out what the game i'm searching for is :(
demented

whoa! yes!!!

Post by demented »

For like 10 years i was missing that game, wanned to find so badly... I even had plans to remake it myself from scratch, if it's really unexistant. But finally its there!!! this is so amazing.