Need help PoP4D - Lv8!

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
Falos

Need help PoP4D - Lv8!

Post by Falos »

Insane. At the end of the level with the exit switch, there's two cutters behind a cage door. It closes before I have a chance to get back out though. No enemies to hold it, I'm going to check for a loose slate above, but meanwhile, anyone have any idea if there's some approach I don't see?
falos.comicgen.com
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

If I don't remember wrongly, Level 8 on POP4D is the same as the original level of POP.

After activating the exit switch, go back through the cutters to the already closed gate. Wait near the gate for 1 to 2 minutes and you'll see see something or help coming your way. :D Make sure you stand NEAR the close gate & DO NOT move. Have fun. :)
Falos

Post by Falos »

Sounds like you know what you're talking about. If my guess is correct, it'll make as little sense as Lv4's mirror and the Lv6-7 transition.

So I just stand next to the door and wait. Alright then, I'll give it a shot. *raises WTF flag*

EDIT: Success! Now to struggle through Lv10. There's 10 total, right?
falos.comicgen.com
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Falos wrote:EDIT: Success! Now to struggle through Lv10. There's 10 total, right?
Glad you manage to finish the level. :)
No, there are altogether 12 levels in POP4D like POP except cetain levels are different.

From your earlier query, I'm guessing that you haven't tried POP before. After playing POP4D, you may like to play the original POP. ;)
Falos

Post by Falos »

Yeah, but I haven't found a link! :blah:
I googled around and around and only found PoP4D. Walkthru searches were also a mess, but I managed without.

That's odd, because I finished Lv10 and it's all "Please insert Prince of Persia disk into drive C:" and I'm all "WTF?" and "I guess that's all the usermade levels..." and it's not, it seems.

The trigger (Lv8) made sufficient sense. I guess PoP1 is needed to make sense of the other guy. 0_o
falos.comicgen.com
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Falos wrote:Yeah, but I haven't found a link! :blah:
I googled around and around and only found PoP4D.
You probably didn't use the right term to search :P as you'll be able to get a number of links when searching. One is by searching "Prince of Persia dos" (without the inverted commas).
That's odd, because I finished Lv10 and it's all "Please insert Prince of Persia disk into drive C:" and I'm all "WTF?" and "I guess that's all the usermade levels..." and it's not, it seems.

The trigger (Lv8) made sufficient sense. I guess PoP1 is needed to make sense of the other guy. 0_o
Here we go again. :P This error occurred because when the person who created the modified levels from the original POP, he probably affected some link or checksum. The fastest way is to download the already patched version in the link in this post.