The Fisherman And The Monkey

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.

Would you buy my story if in a book?

yes
43%
no
43%
I can't read/afford it/find the time but I would like to.
14%

Total votes: 7

beeflyonion

The Fisherman And The Monkey

Post by beeflyonion »

Another old fable from my grandmother. Please tell me your comments.

Once was an old fisherman who lived under a waterfall. He fished with a large stabbing spear and put the fish inside his sack. He was very happy until one day he heard a cat running towards him shouting for help. Apparently, a man was chasing after him with a stabbing knife. He put him in his fish sack to hide him and told the man with the stabbing knife he went the other way.
He brought the cat to his waterfall cave where he could be safe, then the cat asked to be let loose and the fisherman set him free. He then went back to spear fishing with the cat still in his cave. The cat could leave, but he didn't.
The cat watched the fisherman put the fish into his sack and became hungry. He soon said, "Fisherman, I am hungry. If you do not feed me soon, I will have to stab you to death with my claws and eat you because you are old and frail and I am very hungry."
The Fisherman hadn't many fish in his sack, and he needed the food. He was afraid of the cat, so he took the cat to the court of the animals to be sentenced. Because all the animals thought the cat was truly evil and would kill them as well if they said otherwise, they decided the cat could kill the fisherman.
Then, the monkey, one of the final judges asked the fisherman, "Will you show me how you carried the cat home? I can decide if you deserve to be aten from how you carried him home."
The cat knew that a sack was no way to be taken home, so it crawled into the sack, allowing the fisherman to tie it, and said it was cramped and uncomfortable.
"Now," Said the monkey, "If you want to live, do us all a favor and stab the sack with your fishing spear."
The fisherman stabbed the sack with the fishing spear until the cat died, then threw it into a fire and burned it.

The moral is to not be too quick to help those with a problem; often they are the true problem themselves.

Please give me feedback. I am compiling all my stories to be published.
I enjoy a stabbing.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

Great story! Although I think personally you should change the "Stabbing" with "Drowning" in the end, and maybe because you no longer stab people you should make the spear fisherman a regular fisherman. And you lie, you just wanted to write another story about stabbing people. You arent getting it published. And you also aren't really from burgersfort. You just picked the town because it sounded exotic and had the word "Burger" in it.
Hey! Look at that. We have the same avatars!
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Stop smoking teh crack. :huh: "Both" of you.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Interesting story, I definately liked it, even if your little self criticism at the end was bordering on severe mental illness. Please keep it up with these stories.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

You really liked it? I mean, you don't think its mental retardid but you read it all the way? I would like to write a story with you. You can begin.
IANAL
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

For lack of a better word, that was interesting.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

it was ok :thumbsup:
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

ok Once Upon a Time....
There was two pot smoking dorks named cakephatt and beeflyonion, anyway the story begins when one of them falls three storys down and inflates LIKE A BALLON AND GETS THROWN OVERBOARD A PIRATE SHIP then the pirate throws them over board THEN THEY TURN INTO Goofy Goobers.

To be cont...
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Meh, I liked beeflyonion's story better.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
franpa
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by franpa »

thats just freaky wally! :D
Intel Core2 DUO e6750 @ 2.66GHZ
Asus P5KC Mother Board
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
2 Gigabytes DDR2 800 RAM Dual Channel
500 Gigabytes SATA2 Hard Disk
Creative X-FI Extreme Music
BFG Geforce 8800gt 512mb PCI-E (OC1)
Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply
Thermaltake Armor+ MX Case.

Click here to download 'Milo The Fuel Run'. [More Information.]
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hahahha it sounds like the story of a coupleof my buddies.. well except for the pirate ship.. and everything else.. but their pot smoking dorks..lol:P
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Nice story except reading it now I don't find it interesting as I have heard this before. When I was a kid (around 5 to 12 years old), I love to read such stories from books and magazines. Read many folktales as well as animal stories and stories with morals behind them. I had especially loved stories like how the rabbit lost it's tale / dog became man's best friend, how the platapus come about, how the elephant ...., how the redhill got it's name etc and stories on giants, witches & warlocks. Many of the books I have given away. However there are a few such books that I have kept. If anyone is interested in such stories, I'll find some time to type out for you to read.
Wally

Post by Wally »

That story was just fromt he top of my head.
The_Sinister_Mastermind

JKSM wrote:Nice story except reading it now I don't find it interesting as I have heard this before. When I was a kid (around 5 to 12 years old), I love to read such stories from books and magazines. Read many folktales as well as animal stories and stories with morals behind them. I had especially loved stories like how the rabbit lost it's tale / dog became man's best friend, how the platapus come about, how the elephant ...., how the redhill got it's name etc and stories on giants, witches & warlocks. Many of the books I have given away. However there are a few such books that I have kept. If anyone is interested in such stories, I'll find some time to type out for you to read.
Could prove interesting if you find the time, though you might want to use a scanner rather then typing it all up.

Wally

Post by Wally »

We cant really type or scan them without permission from the original author. unless its referenced heavly
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Well it doesn't necessarily need to be posted here on the forums. MSN or IRC etc could be used.

JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Wally*Won_Kenobie wrote:We cant really type or scan them without permission from the original author. unless its referenced heavly
That's true unless it becomes a summaried version. On the other hand, maybe not, depending on the country. Over my area, there the copyright law something like you can photocopy up to 10% of a book.

Hmm, will think of something.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

We last left off with several mentally ill patients falling out of a balloon.
One of them falls three stories down and inflates LIKE A BALLON AND GETS THROWN OVERBOARD A PIRATE SHIP then the pirate throws them over board THEN THEY TURN INTO Goofy Goobers. Goofy goobers!
The naked grandfather was vultures for a strawberry pizza. He searched and searched for the internet on a stawberry pizza. Then, he saw out of the corner of his eye several goofy goobers wandering about a carpet. He pulled the trigger without hesitation.
"WELL YOU STUPID F*CK! LOOK AT YOU NOW!" HE SHOUTED. The goofy goobers dribbled rice all over his exposed legs, but their spirit will be remembered for life.
"Students I would like to introduce our new substitute teacher," Said one of the goofy goobers.
WHAT SUBSTITURE SECRETS COULD BE HELSD?! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
IANAL
Wally

Post by Wally »

uhh you didnt ask permission to use my story in yours :P
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

I thoughnt we wore going to be frends and keep the story going becus I sed "help me finish the swtorye cus i cant rememiber!" so i though t u added oon and then i would hadd on 2!
uihg u didnt ask for permisson to be a BEASTE BUGS IN RUGS no just kidding :o I WAS juist gauging wat tipe of person u r
WUG WUG WUGS
BUGS IN MY RUGS
WUG WIGS WOOG
YOU COVERED IN SOOP
STAY OUT OF THE SOOT
OR U CATHC A COLD
JIGG JOG JOOG
YOUR SAGS R OLD
IANAL