Any Gilmore Girls Fans !

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
erkintecimm
Douglas Adams

Any Gilmore Girls Fans !

Post by erkintecimm »

hey Im curious if any of you likes Gilmore Girls... I have memorized almost all favorite sketches of every episode... I also love Alexis' book collection. any of you interested in American Literature?
Swiftman
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Swiftman »

I haven't seen that many episodes, if any at all, but my sister is a big fan o' them.

which means that I eventually have to see them....
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

I LOVE Gilmore Girls! Except the channel that I watch it on is playing re-runs all the time, so I don't get to see the new episodes....:(
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Never seen it, doesn’t really look like a show I’d be interested in.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Yeah, I think it's a chick flick thing.

I saw an ad showing a skit from there once which I thought was funny. One of the girls is standing there abusing a cat because she's becoming a crazy lady or something like that.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Dosser: Chick flick is actually a "style" of movie.
I think it'd be called a girly show...? Maybe not, I dunno.

And oh, TSM: No, it might not really be something guys would like, but that's because it's about two girls. Although there's a lot of sarcastic humour.

God I love that show.
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Oh I didn’t mean it that way; I meant it just doesn’t look like a show I’d like. I’m sure guys are more then able to enjoy the show, infact I seem to remember a few guys I used to go to school with really liking that show.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
erkintecimm
Douglas Adams

that show has many intellectual sides

Post by erkintecimm »

you should follow it regularly to make objective evaluations! It has so many intellectual content. It may not be so philosophical as Six Feet Under or Angels in America but Gilmore Girls is still a cool show to watch. First of all it has all these references to Vintage American Movies and American Literature. It is not only based on humor but it uses humor to reach common people. Not everyone watching the show from my perspective that I studied literature and philosophy at College but there are millions of common people who enjoy the show as a family program. It is better than a lot of garbage such as Survivor , Lost, According to Jim, Kings of the Queens, Scrubs, Friends etc... there are rare shows like Gilmore Girls which can accomplish to be rich in content naturally yet remaining funny. Compared to Desperate Housewives and other shows Gilmore Girls is more than a stupid comedy. As it comes to the shows for boys and girls, hey IN WHICH CENTURY ARE WE LIVING? is there still sexual discrimination out there? :no:
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

erkin, you worded that very nicely.
As for implying any sexual discrimination, I did not.
I merely said that most guys probably wouldn't like it. That's not discrimination, that's just a true fact.
Just like most girls don't like working on cars. A lot of girls do, but most girls would rather do something else.
erkintecimm
Douglas Adams

hey

Post by erkintecimm »

hey check-mate, I never meant to critisize you I was trying to point at Dosser since he seems quite sure about his prejudiced and straight headed approaches. I opened that forum topic to find out if there were any Gilmore Girls fans ;not to start discussions on patriarchial system and its dick-headed followers.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

That's cool, I just know that I also mentioned that, kind of...only I didn't mean it in a discriminatory way at all....:)
erkintecimm
Douglas Adams

yup

Post by erkintecimm »

hey you havent got my p.m. I guess. anyways Im adding you to my msn but Im going to bed now as I ve practised guitar for 5 hours now it is 5 am here and Im quizzy after playing blues than to death metal composing.

Check-Mate wrote:That's cool, I just know that I also mentioned that, kind of...only I didn't mean it in a discriminatory way at all....:)
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

It's not sexism, it's just that there are shows males like, shows they hate. Gilmore girls is your typical lady's show.
erkintecimm
Douglas Adams

nahh!

Post by erkintecimm »

look we discussed it with Sam ( sinister) and as he says your opinion reflects that of the casual observer. I have written a paper on Gilmore Girls and made lots of search on it. I have also watched all played episodes. From my broader perspective it is not a show limited to one gender. of course Dosser as a casual observer you can only claim but cannot prove it objectively... :no: please dont take what I say personally I m writing it here so that other people who think like you can change their minds before posting...

Dosser wrote:It's not sexism, it's just that there are shows males like, shows they hate. Gilmore girls is your typical lady's show.

Post by Guest »

nop hate it :Angry: :Angry: :sleep: :sleep:
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

Never saw it before in my life.... it don't look like my kinda show :rolleyes:
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

robhofen wrote:nop hate it :Angry: :Angry: :sleep: :sleep:
*Nope*

Care to expand on that? I mean, why you "hate it".....
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Hate is a rather strong word to use with no explanation. So robhofen we can only assume that you have watched a lot of the show yes? As if you were to simply hate it without ever actually having watched it that would just be juvenile.