2 routers

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
pedersencato

2 routers

Post by pedersencato »

OK, here's the situation:
I have 2 routers that I need connected to each other as one network. my first router is a DLink DI-604 (1wan port, 4lan ports) it's connected to the internet. My second is a DLink DI-524(1wan, 4lan, Wirless). I cannot get the second router to access the internet or the computer on the first router, it only sees the wired computer and wireless laptop. I need to know what ports I connect (i've heard both lan1->wan and lan1 ->lan1) and what kind of cable do I use between the 2. Thanks in advance. You guys are always so much help.
pedersencato

NEVERMIND

Post by pedersencato »

OK, Some More Work On It Finally got it. And, foranyone trying to figure this out for themselves:
The second router has DHCP disabled(basically creating a swith) and the *PATCH* cable is connected between the 1st lan port of both routers. on the first router the DHCP assigns the second router and every system in the network an ip. In the lan settings of the second router the IP set matches DHCP assigned IP or you'll get a conflict.