Portable Gaming

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Portable Gaming

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

Sony's armed with the PSP. Nintendo is kicking up heat with Nintendo DS and reloading the GBA SP.

So what's ya favorite one? Which one do you think needs an early retirement?
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I want ds, but i think the psp is going to be alot bigger then ds will ever be....
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I officially have a PSP on its way to me via mail.

I got a 1.5 firmware and Value Pack with it (also GTA liberty stories)

1.5 firmware means Homebrew apps and emus

Today i think i got my three games that i won from the Ea games Competition *

* Australia Only
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

Well the DS is not the next Gameboy. My thoughts are that Nintendo released it to somewhat compete and counter act the Psp. So my thoughts are that the Psp is far superior but who knows about the next true Gameboy.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hahha yea the next gameboy could be the best ever :P
SpaceFans
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by SpaceFans »

I think GBA SP is not a Ninetendo DS I just think they are just going to counter the act against the Sony`s PSP system that why they are going to Compete with them that why it not a GBA SP
Wally

Post by Wally »

GBA SP are really easy to break..
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Your psp could die if you drop it from 30 cm height... it'll at leat be wounded very bad... so I hope you've bought a protective case.

Oh yeah, psp for life!
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hmmm I really gotta play psp sometime to see what im missing, I just dont like the way it looks :huh: iunno maybe im just crazy :P I played ds before, at EB games, but the psp at the time was broken so maybe next time i go there it will be working... so yea
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

julie124 wrote:hmmm I really gotta play psp sometime to see what im missing, I just dont like the way it looks :huh: iunno maybe im just crazy :P
Probably.

Personally, I think the psp has better games than the ds, and the games on psp look better, and the way to control the DS is unf. just a gimmick.

Oh yeah, Psp for life homie!
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I like ds because the cartooniness of it, wait i already said that didnt I? maybe i am going a little crazy :laugh:
Wally

Post by Wally »

Gamer_V: In reply to your post about dropping the PSP. Im getting the value pack with the protective cover
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Nintendo DS. In terms of graphics, sound & usage, Sony PSP is much better. The screen is bigger, you can load & view windows files like photos, videos and music files. However, I still prefer playing Nintendo games. Sony has more RPG, action & racing games while Nintendo has more platform and other classic games that I prefer. If the NDS can be used like a PDA for writing, I'll buy it immediately. For NDS, if one wants to load some files like store pictures or make slideshows, one has to buy extra accesories. Only problem is that my country doesn't sell much extra accessories other than carrying cases and protective covers.

I want to buy a portable handheld that can be used for gaming as well as other uses. If only a PSP can play Nintendo games. Then it's an ideal. :D Perhaps, one need to wait another x years to see whether Nintendo comes up with a better handheld. :rolleyes:
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

JKSM wrote:I want to buy a portable handheld that can be used for gaming as well as other uses. If only a PSP can play Nintendo games. Then it's an ideal. :D Perhaps, one need to wait another x years to see whether Nintendo comes up with a better handheld. :rolleyes:
Actually, when you own like the original snes and nes games it's legal to play them on your psp with an emulator, if your firmware is 1.5 or lower. :)
</TD><TD width="50%">
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Gamer_V wrote:Actually, when you own like the original snes and nes games it's legal to play them on your psp with an emulator, if your firmware is 1.5 or lower. :)
That's interesting, I didn't know PSP could emulate snes. Maybe I should think some more. However, I feel like buying & playing newer Gameboy Advance games that uses the tilt-sensor technology. These include Yoshi Topsy-Turvy (aka Yoshi Universal Gravitational) & WarioWare: Twisted! According to gamesfaqs site, these games also work on a DS.

Since my last handheld was a gameboy colour, I need to buy a Gameboy Advance or DS to play them if I were to buy those cartridges.

By the way, just to let you know that PSP is quite fun in playing competitive games. There was once I played Puyo Puyo Fever with my sister on her PSP. I held one end of the PSP and she held the other end and we played in the battle mode. That was so interesting. I never knew a handheld that allowed 2 players to play at the same time on the same handheld until I saw that a PSP could actually do that.
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

I have a DS and love it.
Wally

Post by Wally »

might be an idea to view

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk
BTw a downgrader is released
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

JKSM: The DS does not have the hardware to play GB/C games.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

John The Ax wrote:JKSM: The DS does not have the hardware to play GB/C games.
A friend of mine one time said he shoved in a GBC game into the GBA slot of his DS and he said it worked, but he had to hold the GBC game pak the entire time to or it would have fallen out. Once I get a DS I'll try it out for myself, I don't entirley believe him.
Wally

Post by Wally »

why not get a flash cart and run a GBC emu.. he would be legally entitled to do so as he owns the original game