VHS VERSUS DVD

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.

VHS, DVD or other?

VHS
No votes
DVD
100%
Other (e.g. laserdisc)
No votes
Don't care\don't use many videos.
No votes

Total votes: 11

JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

cyb3r.god3 wrote:i still buy vhs for taping and stuff cos i cant be bother buying dvd recorder or dvd-rw
One thing that I find good about a dvd recorder is that it has a hard disk. If you want to tape TV shows, you just record them on the hard disk instead of on a DVD-R and later delete them away after watching. Save some money in the long run. If one wants to keep those shows, that's a different story. However, one can edit and add a menu before transferring the show to a DVD-R. For a VCR, it directly record onto a video tape so you can't edit unless you transfer to aanother medium which is more troublesome..
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I like dvds because you can always copy them to another blank dvd, if you gotta dvd burner that is. I have alot of movies that are copied.
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

I adore dvd's, not only due to their increased audio and visual content. The bonus material is also a big plus. I also love the fact that quite a lot of dvd's are printed in Canada, or at least that's what I've heard.

P.S. I work at Blockbuster and there are always people who come in and complain because we don't get VHS as often as we used to. I usually get asked this at least 3 or 4 times a day. So yes, there are plenty of VHS user still out there.