Windows XP install

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

LOL, :laugh:
Sorry , excuse me for the 'LOL'...............but tweakui is installed by rightclick on it and choose install, it will be installed on your W98 control panel, it isn't a executable.....
:)
PS: i'm not sure about the 'install' , you see my W98 is dutch , but will be something simular.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Install is Install....
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

dosraider wrote:LOL, :laugh:
Sorry , excuse me for the 'LOL'...............but tweakui is installed by rightclick on it and choose install, it will be installed on your W98 control panel, it isn't a executable.....
:)
PS: i'm not sure about the 'install' , you see my W98 is dutch , but will be something simular.
the point is it doesn't install in the control panel.
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

It really should install itself onto control panel. Tweakui is in fact a system dll.
Do you get a error message of some kind ? :suspicious:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

There there..

Reinstall windows??/

Save you time
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

If everytime I had an error like that I would reinstall windows, I wouldn't have a life. (Not as if that's a change.)

Just reinstall the software or something complete boring something-else-thingy.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

You also can try via ->control panel->software ->install/uninstall.
Or consider what Wally suggested.... :boring:
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

dosraider wrote:It really should install itself onto control panel. Tweakui is in fact a system dll.
Do you get a error message of some kind ? :suspicious:
no nothing like that
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
fabiobol
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by fabiobol »

Hey, I bought a Soltek-54U5 with the Via MvP3 chipset. I have installed 256 MB of RAM DIMM PC133, 3 HD for a total size of 22 GB (!!), and a CD-RW 52x producted by LG, and TNT2 for Video Card. The question is: what can I do for make Windows XP running quite well? I have modded XP with Nlite, it ran fine, but there are always problems with internet explorer. Now I'm using windows 98SE but it's quite slow while I'm running Internet and an audio program. With windows 2000 everything is ok, but I can't run DOS games!!! Could you tell me something more? In your opinion, how is my motherboard? Was good for its time?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

If you are happy with W98SE for your dosbased games, and with W2K for the other stuff, why not dual boot ?
fabiobol
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by fabiobol »

dosraider wrote:If you are happy with W98SE for your dosbased games, and with W2K for the other stuff, why not dual boot ?
This is not a bad idea, but the problem is that I want, if possible, an operative system that allows me to do everything, without changing it. The possible solution would be to install Windows XP or 2000, and install a VERY, VERY GOOD dos emulator. I mean an emulator that I can use to run all the dos games. For example: on Windows 2000 pro, i couldn't hear any sound on Doom2, with my Yamaha OPL3-SAx, while under Windows 95, 98 or ME the audio is pretty good. With Windows 98SE I run fine, but while i use a lot of applications, the performances are not good. Could it depend from the Via MvP3 chipset? Could I install a Pentium-MMX on a i-430FX chipset-based motherboard?
fabiobol
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Windows XP install

Post by fabiobol »

Elign wrote:I installed Windows XP on a Pentium 200 MMX with 64 MB RAM, I was amazed when it ran at a half-decent speed.
Could you tell me the exact configuration of your P200 MMX, please? Like motherboard and chipset. for me is very important. Thanks.