whats a good buisness

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

whats a good buisness

Post by julie124 »

I was looking to like buy a franchise or start my own business anyone know any good ideas?
Sovi3t

Post by Sovi3t »

Arby's. Can't go wrong with Arby's.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Mcdonalds :D
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

lol ... the startup costs for that might be a little high :o

Maybe you should try developing your own website. If you already know HTML/etc it won't be too tough. If you don't, you'll be learning a useful skill along the way. ;) Costs would be about $8.95 for a domain name for a year, and $5/month or so for webhosting. (Or I've heard some people around here give free domain hosting if you ask :shifty:) You could use GeoCities or something, but most of the reliable affiliate programs (ie how you make money) won't accept a site unless it has its own domain name, is well designed, has some decent traffic, etc.

PS. As fast food goes, McD's aint too bad. I like McD's a lot more than, say, Burger King (ugh). I can't recall ever eating at Arby's ... :cuccoan:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Dental insurance. Definately dental insurance.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

arbys sounds good, theres mcdonalds everywhere, so i prolly wouldnt do that, and we have enough dental insuance, and i dont have a clue about starting my own web page... but their all good ideas thank you
Sovi3t

Post by Sovi3t »

emmzee wrote:Maybe you should try developing your own website. If you already know HTML/etc it won't be too tough. If you don't, you'll be learning a useful skill along the way. ;) Costs would be about $8.95 for a domain name for a year, and $5/month or so for webhosting. (Or I've heard some people around here give free domain hosting if you ask :shifty:) You could use GeoCities or something, but most of the reliable affiliate programs (ie how you make money) won't accept a site unless it has its own domain name, is well designed, has some decent traffic, etc.
Designing websites is a very profitable business. At first, I only paid $20 for 2 years for my domain, then I got free professional hosting. Once I made enough money from that and started getting more visitors, I simply upgraded to a paid plan with the same host. It takes a little while to get your site making money, but in the end it's worth it. I'm makin a good amount of money, even when I left my site untouched and without updates for over 4 months I got a steady income.

The hard part is getting visitors... it will also take a while to learn about web design. It took me about a year of teaching myself to fully grasp the concepts.
Dogbreath wrote:dental plan
Lisa needs braces
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

Dogbreath wrote:dental plan
Lisa needs braces[/quote]
lol, yea but im not into the whole web page thing, I suck at computers, and have no interst in them, but thank you anyways for the info, it means alot. Im thinking of opening my own goth cloths store around here because theres nothijng really like it around here, its called pirate clothing I do believe, iunno, alot of people around here would should there :D
Sovi3t

Post by Sovi3t »

Are you looking to work at a day job and make some money on the side, or will this be your full-time job? If it's the former, the only thing that comes to mind right now is selling stuff on eBay. I hear you can get a pretty good profit there.

Do you have any certain skills or training? Maybe you could find some kind of business doing whatever it is you're good at.
julie124 wrote:Lisa needs braces
dental plan

:)
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

yea i knew you meant dental plan :P Im looking for a full time job. :D im about to do a business course for the next 3 years and I was just intersted in tossing around a few ideas
Sovi3t

Post by Sovi3t »

What are your interests, what kind of business would you enjoy?
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hmmm I like ot have a books store,Im thinking of opening my own goth cloths store around here because theres nothijng really like it around here, its called pirate clothing I do believe, iunno, alot of people around here would shop there, that would be fun :D
ummm i dont really wanna run a food store though, hmmm iunno, i gotta few books there with a pile of business, us and canadian, so thats a lil help
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Why not an advise office for people who are looking for a franchise or start their own business, to gives them some advise.......ideas ...starting help....?
Seems there is a demand for that stuff......
:)
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

lol yea dont it?
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Buy old crap, fix it and make it look better, and sell it for more. Like make white t-shirts less white.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

naw, im not good at the fixing thing :P
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Just buy a big set of white cheap t-shirts, take a big marker et voila! Well, lotsa markers.
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Good idea the white T-shirts, the markers: no.
Better idea and garanteed succes: organise a wet T-shirt contest.
Make it with preselections-1/8 finales-1/4 finales-1/2 finales and finale.
Organise it between cities / countrys........
Gamer_4.9 will certainly help you out................. :laugh:
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

lol :laugh: Iunno
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Or put rings and stuff on the t-shirts. America is a bit far away for me. But maybe uitgedostraider can help you.
</TD><TD width="50%">