Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Elign

Post by Elign »

DOS itself was released in 1981, so the 70 year old would have been around 46 when the OS first existed. However, DOS gaming would slowly grow from there, until its peak in the late 80s/early 90s. So, when DOS gaming would warm up to the mainstream, he would already be over 50. (not that seniors would never play DOS games, but few ever do).

So the target age group would be those who were children/teenagers during when the first George Bush was president (1988-1992). Thus pegging the common age group from 18-35 give or take a few.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: new posts

Post by dosraider »

julie124 wrote:I spose, just all the old people around my area, i can't see them playing any games like that, and thats the truth, it might be differnet i guess everywhere else :shame:
Yeah sure thing , we don't play games , we don't have sex , we don't euurhmmm...we are only...euurhmm........are we ?
Maybe we aren't at all, .............
Image OMG I'm 50 ! I am not!!
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I didnt mean that as a insult, just I come from a small town thats really old fashion, where i would say no older people play games, I really didnt mean it a a insult and im sorry if i offended you :shame:
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

There's something you need to know about the internet julie :D

It's not actually possible to offend people. If it seems like you did, it just creates someone on the other side of the world laughing. If someone says they are offended, it just means they are laughing harder :D

Remember this and you are on your way to being a true webber.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

julie124 wrote:I didnt mean that as a insult, just I come from a small town thats really old fashion, where i would say no older people play games, I really didnt mean it a a insult and im sorry if i offended you :shame:
Dear, dear julie12325412121254112541254125 or something.....
I don't get insulted that easy, I am probably the greasiest duck you'll ever met on the internet, I don't wet easely .............LOL.
I was only trying to point out to you that "old" people also lives, loves, plays, fooling around , name it.... .
Maybe the older ones will not get some PS, DC or console game, but their are some (yes, older people, who get's hooked an such (Not me, i dislike consoles).
But why you think older people wouldn't game on pc's? I love a good round of doomsday, Falcon, EAW, Combat flight sim, Apache longbow2, etcetera...
Now i'm really busy getting through SS2, modded with the beautifull Rebirth,getting my balls squeezed by some nice cyborg lady, Whoeha...

And I have some ol'chaps who are also hooked on pc gaming. What's more strange is that from my generation almost no female gamers excist, Probably because at that time the dos PC's were more guy's stuff ?
Welcome to the gamer and internet world julie.........
and read dosser's reply again, that is a truthfull statement.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I know theres older peopel out there that likes games... just like i said around here where i live their all old fashion and dont play games, and half of em dont even know how to work a computer
Elign

Post by Elign »

Newfoundland, even today, has an old-fashioned feel to it in comparison to other parts of Canada (even though we have the modern stuff like Wal-Mart/computers/TVs/phones/etc.) so you can imagine what we were like in the 1940s/1950s/1960s, when those men/women were in their youth.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

dosraider wrote: Dear, dear julie124. I don't get insulted that easy, I am probably the greasiest duck you'll ever met on the internet, I don't wet easely .............LOL.
I was only trying to point out to you that "old" people also lives, loves, plays, fooling around , name it.... .
OMG, really? I had no idea! :huh: :o :shame:
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

lmfao... :laugh:
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

The idea alone is terrifying.. old people.... Brrr.... :o
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Gamer_V wrote:The idea alone is terrifying.. old people.... Brrr.... :o
Now try to see it that way:
If we (the elders) wouldn't had done the 'thinghys' you can't imagine us doing, you kittens wouldn't be on this big ball we call earth.
I may hope I haven't shocked you to hard............ :laugh:
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Back then, you were 'young'. There's no way to confirm that, but still it's a big difference.

And overall seen I'm quite happy to live on this world full of polution and war and racism and violence...
</TD><TD width="50%">
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Yeah, thanks a F!#$^ lot dosraider.

It's all YOUR fault, It's all YOUR fault, It's all YOUR fault
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

SORRY
Can you please forgive me ?
thx
:shame:

Of course, you will do much better! You will not pollute, not use plastics and chemical infested computers, no cars, no bikes, no fast food, no fancy shoes, no plastic bottles, no cd R, no television, no GSM's, no maquillage, no everyday shower, no radio,no internet........so nobody has to complain about the lack of new post, case and topic solved once again by MOI..
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Of course we won't!

Offcourse, there will be pollution, but not off my hand. Besides I like to complain.

We forgive you! :laugh:
</TD><TD width="50%">
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Well, I can promise you that I do not shower daily: just doing my part to build a better tomorrow.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

So dosser what kinda games do you play, well i know you play dos but what else?
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Owh ask me ask me!
</TD><TD width="50%">
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

I play heaps of the oldies, the only newy I play is Warcraft 3 (Though the amount of time I spend playing it more than compensates for the fact that I don't play other newys).

I have played through most of the keen series (and think the first trilogy was the best, I still haven't plucked up the stamina to play through all of keen 5), Lemmings, Xcom, and am currently playing Final Fantasy 1 on NES emulator.

By the way: does anyone know if the more recent Final Fantasy's are the same style as the originals? They look nothing alike from the commercials.

I've come close to finishing Warcraft I, II, but always get stuck on the last level for ages then eventually forget about it.

Most of my gaming time though is spent programming my own game, Pyro. It's nearly finished: after exams are finished, I'll reformat my hard drive, reinstall my compiler and finish the game (I somehow broke my compiler, and don't have time to fix it yet).

What about you Julie? What are your favourites?

** Intentionally ignores GamerV on the assumption he'll probably post his favourites anyway :P **
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

This is a bit off topic and not relevant to Dosser's question but I agree with emmzee on the first page, a lot of oldbies left and were never heard of again, but this one's back