Why complain? Shoot somebody!!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.

Do you like people who complain?

If they don't do it too often
29%
Some people, not all people
57%
Nope! I shoot the first person to spit sour on somebody behind their back!
14%

Total votes: 7

Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Why complain? Shoot somebody!!

Post by Cakephatt »

I read through the topic above, and I got to thinking. I really don't like people who complain. I know I complain, and I do listen to other people complain, but if you think about it, what are we accomplishing by complaining? Like saying, "I WANT TO SHOOT SO-AND-SO! HE IS STUPID!" as to walking up to Mr. So-and-so and saying, "IF YOU DON'T STOP BEING STUPID I WILL SHOOT YOU!" or even actually shooting him.

The only time I can think of people ever accomplishing anything by complaining is if they want to persuade somebody to drive the car by his house while you shoot though the windows.

So I ask you, why do you complain? Do you find comfort in empathy? Do you want to persuade people? Or do you just like to run your mouth?
Secondly, I am interested in people that you want (or have) to shoot/shot, or at least cause bodily damage to.

There are so many things we can be doing with our time other than complaining, like shooting people that we don't like.
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Usually, complaining is a method of making another person understand whatever is causing you discomfort in your life. This can be done because:

A. The person in question is the one you're complaining about, so he might change his ways after understanding how you feel. (Hah!)

B. You want to know the person you're talking to cares about how you feel. If you feel as if you're not alone in a matter, the actual discomfort felt (when it's emotional or phychological, not physical) is halved.

C. People like to run their mouths.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Kazer0 always seemed complaining about some of the former members behavoir,and he was right.
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Why complain? Shoot somebody!!

Post by dosraider »

content removed by myself (flaming and spamming) to avoid topic lock .
Last edited by dosraider on Tue May 10, 2005 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

I don't complain that much, but this is just a cheap spin-off of my topic. :laugh:
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Last edited by dosraider on Tue May 10, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

dosraider wrote:
Cakephatt wrote:"I WANT TO SHOOT SO-AND-SO! HE IS STUPID!" as to walking up to Mr. So-and-so and saying, "IF YOU DON'T STOP BEING STUPID I WILL SHOOT YOU!" or even actually shooting him.
That's not complaining , that's threatening. You watch to much television mister.
A few things I need to clear up:

First, Dosraider, if you're really fifty years old, I have respect for you, and you probably know what you are talking about more than I.
Secondly, I would never shoot anyone, and it wouldn't even cross my mind to threaten your children.
Finally, I suppose what I really meant was; Why threaten or revert to the common beat around the bush scenario, instead of taking a direct course of action, such as shooting them?
Diplomacy and persuasion and talking out the situation often will work and fare far better than shooting somebody, but what if in a different situation, where talking through the problem isn't an option? The only option left is a direct attack, but to what degree and severity is decided by you.
Take John Kennedy for example. Diplomacy wasn't an option during the Cuban Missle Crisis! So, he took an attack. However, he was smart enough to be able to understand the consequences of a full-scale war with Russia. So, instead of aerial bombing or invading Cuba, (Ortsac invasion, ha ha) he sent large naval blockades to deter any attempt to transport construction materials or more nuclear material from entering the Cuban ports (That's your little history lesson for the week). After a while, due to political pressue, Communist Russia pulled out funding on the project and made the smart decision.
I suppose what I should've said was, "BLAM BLAM BLAM!!" instead of making it sound like a threat.
The consequences of a problem should be weighed heavily against the action you choose to assume, but complaining, other than in a case of diplomacy (i.e., persuading other people to comprimise toward your belief or even agree with you), can accomplish nothing, other than, if you're that weak and stupid, a little moral support.
IANAL
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

Sorry Gamer_V, I suppose I should've asked you about this topic before posting it.
One more thing - for all you people who say a peaceful solution through peaceful negotiation can be peacefully acheived in any scenario -
What cost are you willing to pay for a peaceful end? How many resources, people, information, valuables? How vulnerable are you willing to make yourself in order to appease another party without "losing anything?"
You are losing something. You're not only loosing most of the progress you've worked so hard to create, but you're loosing your dignity, and the respect of your commrades.
I do agree that in most conflicts a peaceful solution is overlooked, but there will come a time in everybody's life when you must put down the books, the legal text and rules and loophole worming, and pick up a fist. People can be agreeable, but not that agreeable.
Do you think that if we would have decided NOT to bomb the hell out of Japan that they would've surrendered to an obviously better cause? Obviously not.

..........______.............
..........\........./............
........../.........\............
.........|...........|...........
.........----------...........
..........\........./...........
............\...../.............
...............V...............

.............. :rolleyes: .................
IANAL
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Ro@m wrote:Kazer0 always seemed complaining about some of the former members behavoir,and he was right.
Rinse, repeat.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

With Listerine Kazer0??? (Australian Mouth Wash) or rather soap?

why shoot someone if they are complaining?? Doesnt make any sense
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

fur fun, silly!
No, I was just using that as an example because I don't like complainers -- except gamer_V and everybody else on this forum, I love you all dearly.
IANAL
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Listerine is not Australian.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Last edited by dosraider on Tue May 10, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

But not shoot them, just break their neck?

They had to end the war, but was dropping a bomb on Japan really the best solution? I'd just send in the doom trooper, but augh. Long live diplomacy!
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Kazer0 wrote:
Ro@m wrote:Kazer0 always seemed complaining about some of the former members behavoir,and he was right.
Rinse, repeat.
weren't you?
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Yes, the A-Bomb was the best way to end the war with Japan. It would have lasted a LONG time without it.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

yeah,and what would happen if the germans had a one. :wow:
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

They say Germans almost had one, but didn't have enough time...

Let's stay ontopic, if you don't I'll get annoyed and shoot you. ;)
</TD><TD width="50%">
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

How many people here believe in Darwinism? Survival of the fittest?
IANAL
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

:D you are annoying me.

i don't believe in that.