What do you do to fall asleep?

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

What do you do to fall asleep?

Post by Cakephatt »

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/insomnia.htm#1
Hey, I have been up all night eating bread and soda, while typing on this forum. I don't know what else to do. Every time I try to fall asleep, I have a horrible nightmare of me driving into Minnesota and bleeding all over or getting attacked by small, elf like children things that live in the woods. There isn't any sound or anything, and it is very scary. I try to shout and stuff while I am running through the woods, but nobody hears me and I keep looking back at this funny looking kid with a pointy nose.
What does this mean, and how can I fall asleep?
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I doubt it means anything.

I have a few theorys about dreams that sound true enough.

the last thing you see in the dream is somthing you have to remember. (I have had this a few times)

Its not really insominia, its sorta like scared of sleeping.

I do feel the pain you have in these dreams as i used to have dreams about a woman around the corner and would shout Eek! also the sun used to chase me. Take my advice try to do somthing other than think about this dream and maybe look at the clouds during the day and make out shapes of animals or even santa clause! (I found that if you look hard enough you can see a whole heap of animals chasing some guy :P
Lets hope i aint causing these dreams.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

Thanks. Gazing into the beautiful horizon this morning helped relax my nerves.
Your avatar of Jack Burton is rather frightening, though.... but in a good way. I like it a lot.
IANAL
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Cakephatt:

"I have a horrible nightmare of me driving into Minnesota and bleeding all over or getting attacked by small, elf like children things that live in the woods"

Djezus ,some guy's should better go to a shrink, or get rid of the prozac.
:laugh:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

I'm usually readin books to get asleep.
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

It probably means your afraid for something, like you're driving into the unknown, and you have no idea what's going to happen, and are very scared. (If you're going to Minesota for something, and you are afraid, that explain's something. Maybe in the future you'll go there...Real life, duh!) And for as far as I care, all dreams are pretty silent...
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Personally, I remember every dream. What I do, is you can NOT go directly to bed after being on your computer for more than an hour, or playing video games. You either have to read, or watch TV for a bit first. Then when you go to bed, do not imagine anything to do with computers, video games, or TV. In fact, nothing electronic. Imagine yourself in your neighbourhood, and you can go anywhere. You can go into the houses of your neighbours, in the sewers, or fly, whatever. Just imagine this until you fall asleep.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

I just do Calculus homework.

Puts me right to sleep.

But, seriously, I just think about people I know. I go over conversations and how they could have been altered to make a better day.
Wally

Post by Wally »

OMFG.. I have seen this topic somewhere before.. ARRGh

Ro@m: Good suggestion as well. Cakephatt you might want to try reading a fantasy book. If you look in the media section on this forum you may see a book that sounds good.

Here are a few suggestions:
Space Demons
Keys to the kingdom
Wheres Wally (Only if you havent seen the albino black sheep cartoon :P)
Another one which is fantastic.
Otherland
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

That's the one for caky:
Stephen King's 'children of the corn'.
:)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

CHildren of the Corn? that sounds scary, dosraider. Great suggestions people, but I just found out that they make a wonderful sort of tylenol that can help me get to sleep instead. Thanks again!!!
IANAL
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Gamer_V wrote:It probably means your afraid for something, like you're driving into the unknown, and you have no idea what's going to happen, and are very scared. (If you're going to Minesota for something, and you are afraid, that explain's something. Maybe in the future you'll go there...Real life, duh!) And for as far as I care, all dreams are pretty silent...
what do you mean with that?
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

He asked what the dream could mean, Ro@m.
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

oh,hells,i was readin across
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

that was a interesting dream.. wow i has weird dreams like that too, but i just turn on my side and im good, the only way i get nightmeres is if i sleep on my back other then that im good.. besides my teddi bear and dog chases my nightmeres away :laugh:
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

My room, lacking air conditioning, is roughly 90 degrees now. I can never sleep during the late spring and early summer, so I walk. I'll start around 10:00 and get a good pace going and explore, taking in the enormity of it all. Indianapolis seems small until you actually walk the length and breadth of the city. Crossing the white river after 10 mile walk to Fishers, I felt like an emissary from another nation, bringing the messages of the Carmelites to the strange folk in the outlying metropolitan region. The air itself smells different in Fishers, something I'd never notice during the day. You can walk for miles without seeing a human being at 2 in the morning.

At around 6 AM, after walking ~30 miles to visit my Canadian lover, I'll return to a local park near my house and lay in the wet grass, watching the sun rise, and drifting off into my own thoughts until 11. Then I'll go back home and start another day, waiting for the following night. Your body doesn't really need sleep just nutrition, exercise, and the output of relaxing chemicals. There's no better way to relax your body and your mind than walking 8 hours non-stop.

I have yet to even walk through the majority of the city, but I probably will by the end of the summer. A blister on my ankle bleeds habitually, but less so every night. Eventually it’ll probably be entirely replaced by tougher scar tissue.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

That sounds exhausting... How about a vent?
</TD><TD width="50%">
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Gamer_V wrote:That sounds exhausting... How about a vent?
Nah, too much work.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

sleeping problems

Post by julie124 »

yea i have no problems with the heat at all in my room no part of the year.. I live in newfoundland, and for those of you who know where thats to, you would know its cold....yep :( [/quote]
Wally

Post by Wally »

Heh i just recently had a dream that doughnuts (cooked with cinnamon, nutmeg and Sugar) grew on trees whilst an octopus guarded em by making giant waves.

:laugh:

BTW DB i find sleeping under sheets is sufficient for the hot nights.

Also turn your computer off over night. Its prolly also warming things up.