white noise

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

white noise

Post by julie124 »

I saw this movie last night and i thought it was stupid and not sacry at all.. :blah: its not a good movie to spend money watching or to buy. i thought 6 sense was scarier and i laughted me ass off to that. :blah:
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

It was alright. Not really scary but hey. It was kinda funny watching and hearing all the Freshmen scream.
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

It looks like the goofiest movie to come out of Hollywood since A Goofy Movie.

The only horror movies I've seen that were scary were The Haunting (the original one) and The Beyond. The Beyond isn't that scary though because the gore looks pretty fake.
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

Hey, I liked a Goofy Movie. One of my all time favorite movies.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooved.

And I haven't seen it, but from the previews it looked incredibly stupid. What's the premise?
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

The first time I heard the title without seeing the previews or hearing the story I thought it was going to be about how white people can rap too.
"If you buy a bag of peanuts in this town they'll write a song about you."
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

The movie involves "EVP":

http://www.mcmsys.com/~brammer/

EVP being "Electronic Voice Phenomenon" although I'm fairly sure I've seen it called other things ... it involves recording silence on a tape recorder, and when you play it back you supposedly can hear voices. Same kinda thing as freezeframing TV static and supposedly seeing faces or whatever. An example of one of the "FAQs" at the site linked above:
What I mean is.....many people, myself included, have thought that they heard faint voices at such times as when the shower was running.....or mixed in with the whine of an electric fan. Turn off the fan....or the water....and there is only silence. Resume the activity and you can swear that you hear the voices again!
:huh: Sooo, there is something emitting noise around you, and you think you hear something that maybe could sound like a faint voice of some kind. You get rid of the noise, and no longer hear the "voice" ... it must be a ghost, it couldn't just be that the random sounds of, say, the shower sometimes cause voice-like patterns ... :suspicious:

Annnnnywho. The trailer looked okay but I figured the movie would be crap so I didn't go see it. Visiting RottenTomatoes.com confirms:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/white_noise/

If it got a worse overall rating than The Village (which was utter garbage) there's no way I'm seeing it. :no:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament