Unused Names

Forum for all the suggestions that have 1. nothing to do with our two websites (Dosgames.com/ DosGamesArchive) and 2. are not bug reports.
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Unused Names

Post by DosReaper »

Is anyone going to ever delete the 0 post low-lifes that just spam us up? Anyways, the memberlist is about 35-36 pages of pure 1 or 0 posts.
o_O
Elign

Post by Elign »

Some of us asked about that before, but Emmzee, the owner of this forum, decided to let it be.

Reason: A high number of registered members makes the forum look more popular than it really is. Somehow that's supposed to make people want to join...

I agree with you, but the site's staff already made their decision. Ah well...
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

LOL

I have also been bragging about this..

I believe darren is going to be working on this soon.

Maybe if we brag about it it will occur sooner ;)
Elign

Post by Elign »

Bragging?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I asked about this a loooooooooongg time ago, a year or two, started a topic, and even found a mod that would auto-delete any member with 0 posts over 30 days old, but Emmzee (the owner of this forum) hasn't really said much about it other than there's no point.

Actually, I kind of agree... other than making the forum more professional looking and making it easier to find out how many real posters there are (around 650-700 last time I checked), there isn't a point to deleting them.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Actually John,
You should raise that amount from 700 to exactly 1127 (Including 1 posters from 2003)

Most of these members are spammers and slows down the server a bit i would imagine..

Anyway Emmzee just told me he was removing these 0 posters to sharpen the forum up a bit