Who else is excited about Doom 3?

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Who else is excited about Doom 3?

Post by Hiroshi »

Yeah seriously, I'm definitely looking foward to this game even though it'll scare the living shit outta me and rob me several nights of sleep, like how the second game did.

A list of the enemies: http://planetdoom.com/doom3/enemies/

Discuss.
"If you buy a bag of peanuts in this town they'll write a song about you."
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

I have it preordered online from EB with 2-day shipping.

I"m seriously hyped. Doom 1 rocked my world, Doom 2 was even better, this is supposed to be the original "Tom Hall's Doom Bible" version. It should blow my mind.
diri
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by diri »

downloading it right now.
9897 peers, and 2 seeds. this is awesome. :D
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

Anyone knows when it'll come out for xbox? I don't have the time to get a better computer than the one I'm using (don't really wanna spend that much money for the time being either), I'll definitely buy an xbox for this game.
kittie
Expert
Expert

Post by kittie »

This is going to be one of the best games of the year maybe even of the best of all time hopefully
Life is like we Know It
Not a Denrix
Hey My Forum
http://64.246.11.123/users5/gamershrine/index.cgi My New Admin Ro@m and Gordie

Broadband Enabled

New Kittie Website with A Chatroom
www.freewebs.com/kittiefun/
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

A dissapointment. It's story is exactly the same as in original. I hoped it'd continue saga after ram's head in Doom 2. D' you really think that one shot demon was Ye Big Evil himself?
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

diri wrote:downloading it right now.
9897 peers, and 2 seeds. this is awesome. :D
1977 seeds, 23006 downloads. I''m only connected to 100 peers and 1 seed though.

EDIT: Bit torrent sucks. Just thought i'd add that. Bit Torrent Advanced (Unofficial client) is a little better. I especially when it gets me a share rating of 99 when my upload goes 10 times faster than my downloads.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I use <a href="http://www.bittornado.com">BitTornado</a> and it seems to work well. Easy to use upload-limiter ... so you can set your max upload speed to, say, 10k/s ... although I am of course not advocating usage of such programs to download full version games ;)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
diri
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by diri »

being on Gentoo Linux, choices for torrent managers with a good GUI are sorta slim, but I use Azureus, which is also my favourite on Windows. It's quite fast, detailed, gives lots of control. I like it.

anyways, the game is FUCKING SCARY. maybe its just the hype from the previews Ive read, but I started sweating even in the intro part, thought something might jump up from behind me and bite my ass. :(
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

Hiroshi wrote:Anyone knows when it'll come out for xbox? I don't have the time to get a better computer than the one I'm using (don't really wanna spend that much money for the time being either), I'll definitely buy an xbox for this game.
EB says it'll be out on October 4.
When you get an Xbox, be sure to get Panzer Dragoon Orta. I'm obsessed with the PD series and it's a great game.
diri
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by diri »

the Super Turkey Puncher 3000 is awesome! :D
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

Dopefish wrote:

EB says it'll be out on October 4.
When you get an Xbox, be sure to get Panzer Dragoon Orta. I'm obsessed with the PD series and it's a great game.
Cool.

Nah I already played Orta...it's an ok game. I'm already planning to get Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Guilty Gear X2 #R, Ninja Gaiden, etc.

Check out these vids of the game in action (SPOILERS AHEAD):

http://www.harvsnews.com/doom3mods/

Guess who's back....back again.... B)
diri
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by diri »

*WARNING: YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM*If you have an ATI card, ATI has released a beta of the latest Catalyst drivers, specifically customized for Doom 3. download here: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4547.html
I'm going to try them on my Radeon 9200 right now.
diri
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by diri »

oh, and for everyone, both ATI and NVidia users, heres a pretty damn sweet Tweak Guide, which can help you increase the framerate considerably.
http://www.techreport.com/onearticle.x/7133
diri
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by diri »

one last thing, press Ctrl + Alt + ~ to open the console. then you can use these codes (a.k.a. cheats):

god
give all
give ammo
give weapon_shotgun
give weapon_machinegun
give weapon_plasmagun
give weapon_bfg
give weapon_chainsaw
give weapon_rocketlauncher
noclip
notarget
doomhell (skip to last level)

other commands:

benchmark
avidemo
com_showfps 1
quit
bind
unbind
unbindall
editor
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

I got it today. It's awesome.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

If only my computer was good enuff to play it ... :( I could upgrade my vid card and meet the minimum specs ... but my CPU would just BARELY meet them (1.5gig required, I have 1.6gig) so I'm thinking that it still wouldn't run very well. Upgrading my CPU would require a new motherboard (the max this one supports is 1.8gig which wouldn't be worth the $ to buy a new chip) so I'd have to buy a new CPU, mobo, video card and power supply (for the video card). Might as well buy a whole new system! So I'll wait until HL2 comes out to upgrade ... I'm still more interested in HL2, as cool as Doom3 sounds :)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

God. If only my computer could run any new games. It's like 6 or 7 years old and it barely runs at all. If I were even to try to play Doom 3 on the absolute bare minimums then my comp would lag, freeze, and jitter around worse than a person with epilepsy during a Japanese cartoon.
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

emmzee wrote:If only my computer was good enuff to play it ... :( I could upgrade my vid card and meet the minimum specs ... but my CPU would just BARELY meet them (1.5gig required, I have 1.6gig) so I'm thinking that it still wouldn't run very well. Upgrading my CPU would require a new motherboard (the max this one supports is 1.8gig which wouldn't be worth the $ to buy a new chip) so I'd have to buy a new CPU, mobo, video card and power supply (for the video card). Might as well buy a whole new system! So I'll wait until HL2 comes out to upgrade ... I'm still more interested in HL2, as cool as Doom3 sounds :)
From what I've read, it runs great even with the minimum requirements.