Lookin for: Game where to free hostages

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Smurf

Lookin for: Game where to free hostages

Post by Smurf »

Hi,

In the game I am lookin for you have to free hostages (I think). In the beginning of the game you have to try not te be spotted by search lights. The more people (cops) survived the search ligth part the more cops are hanging on the roof against the wall to try to break a window to get in the building.
When you are in the bulding you can encounter criminals. That is the last part I remember.

Plzzzz help me out with the name of this game.

Thx.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

not alcatraz?

could you describe it better?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

holy shit... I'm looking for this game too... I had it on my Amiga back in the day. I always thought you were a ninja... haha.

-Richard-
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by x86_Game-Junkie »

Is it modern or old??
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

old
smurf

Post by smurf »

Wally*Won_Kenobie wrote:not alcatraz?

could you describe it better?
It is old!
I played it on an 386 33Mhz (off course with the turbo switched on :) ).

It's hard to describe better, but I give a try.
The monitor I used at that days was 4 color CGA. In that four color style the used colors were mostly blue, black and white. The fourth color, purple, was not used often.

During the search light part of the game you walked from the left of the screen to the right. You could crawl, bow, etc., make moves to dodge the lights. The search lights makes every time the same move, for example a triangle, left -> right -up -> right down -> left -> .... This was depended on the screen you were.
When you were spotted by one of those lights you were shot and you lose a cop. The more cops you could pass those ligths the more cops were able to enter the building via the ropes on the sides of the building. When you were trying to enter the builing sometimes you saw someone behind a window.

I thougth that from the moment you entered the building it looked like a FPS, but I'm not sure about that.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

didn't you also have to hide in a dumpster at one point in the searchlight chase?

-Richard-
Pinklooii

Post by Pinklooii »

It's called Hostage - Rescue Mission. There's also a game called Rescue - The Embassy Mission for NES that's almost exactly the same.
I'm new.
smurf

Post by smurf »

:D
That's it. Let's find out if I still enjoy as much as all those years ago.
thx.

Next game?
It was like a RTS-game. You could do several missions, the one I remembered is against Djengis Kahn.
To move your troopes you had a view from above. The troopes could walk, march, run, etc, but they also could get tired. When they were tired they could for example not run anymore.
I thought you could merge and split groups. In these groups your warriors had different function, archer, fighter, etc. With these functions it was possible to make your on setup.
In some maps there were catsles which you could conquer.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

can't help ya with that one. Where'd you find Hostages?

-Richard-

Post by Guest »

wardrich wrote:can't help ya with that one. Where'd you find Hostages?

-Richard-
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4143
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

beaut. Thanks. Note that it runs slow in XP.

-Richard-