*cough* mp3's *cough*

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by x86_Game-Junkie »

Napster has been closed down for some time now Da Goat (since 2002)...most people use KaZaA or iMesh!!
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Boy, are you ever behind.

Napster changed to a subscription-based legal download service this past winter, maybe fall. It's $9.99 a month, nearly-unlimited downloads, and $.99 if you burn a song, $9.99 if you burn an album.

iTunes, an Apple product, is the leading competitor. It's what I use mainly. No subscription, $9.99 to download an album, and $.99 to download a song.
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Yeah I am behind, it's because our nation is lousy!!
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

also telstra in australia offers the same rate on albums
$.99 if you burn a song, $9.99 if you burn an album
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Wally there are more disadvantages to advantages with Bigpond/Telstra Music Downloads...Yeah I know it looks cheap, but what happens if you don't own a credit card and you lived out in the Middle of Nowhere then you have to go to the nearest capital city to download the songs with cash or bank keycard, which for some people including yourself the nearest capital city is approx. 3 - 8 hours away!! So to get your money's worth you would have to download around about 10 - 15 full length albums, which is crap if your after only one or two songs from each of those albums.

Plus the quality is poor and they don't have a wide range of downloads...so basically if you want just the top 40 it would better and cheaper for you to go to the local music shop pay $30 and get the latest "So Fresh".
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

mp3search is fairly borderline, I don't know what to do with it. It also seems to have a piss-poor selection...
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

That is so true John...