What made you decide to visit the forums?

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

What made you decide to visit the forums?

Post by wardrich »

I thought this would be kinda neat to see what drove people to this forum.

I first came here when i downloaded the game "Last Half of Darkness" and i couldnt get it to work. I figured "what the hell, i might as well look here [in the forum] to see what was there" Well, im glad i did. Although i was a bit of a nooB when i signed up (posted in da worng forum) but oh well, im still glad i signed up. This is the best forum i have ever visited and signed up for! All the members are sooo nice (since the banning of ZZ8) and helpful. And the best part of it is the organization of it! I love it!!

Richard
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

I wanted the full version of "Alone in the Dark". I wasn't much of a n00b, though. As a side note, I never got a response to my search until a week before the Ikonboard got shut down.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Um, I posted on iB because DB sent me an email telling me too :D . And I posted on the ghetto board because I had nothing else to do. Yeah, I'm a boring child.....
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

I think it was the voices in my head.

Actually I got a c64 from ebay because I was feeling retro..
that caused me to look into an amiga..
which made me look up 2 great Amiga bulletin boards in england..
that had a few people talking about the good old lucas arts DOS games..
that caused me to dig out my old dos games collections...
and that finally got me interested into finding a dos games forum...
add a search brower and here I am.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I came on the forums to ask about roguelike game called LAD and a snakelike game called appendix back while the site was using UBB and, Despite multiple attempts to get rid of me, I have been using the various forums since then.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Despite multiple attempts to get rid of me, I have been using the various forums since then.
Your time will come *puts away his plans to rid the site of Dogbreath*....yes, yes it will come..... :shifty:
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

I first came here looking for the full version of Dare to Dream. Once I came I realized all of the great games I used to play were dos. And I also wanted to help people find they're games since I am kinda an expert finder.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

i am too moo, where do you find most of the games?

I came in looking for a game, I didnt knoe what it was called. They got me the name within a week. I viewed the posts (it was on da ghetto board) but never did post anything else. I forgot about it for some reason, and remembered within the last week of Ikonboard. I posted there and a few days later, this was up.

Now I go on as much as possible, and am 1 of teh top 5 posters.

P.S. The game turned out to be Highway Hunter.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Do you guys check out www.modygames.com has just about ever game released in the DOS era up to now (shows box art, has ratings, search engine, BUT NO DOWNLOADS). Usefull for seeing what games your missing.
Nanobot

Post by Nanobot »

I saw forums, so I decided, "why not?" And then I found the GCS forum. :)
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

Just places. I dunno exactly.
Bakoom

Post by Bakoom »

a long time ago (back when i was known as "Drunken Cactuar") i was a frequent to dosgames.com... one day i read that there was a forum and i signed up. there wasn't many people there (i think there were 3 ppl) so i didn't come as much. a few days ago i remembered dosgames.com and came to this forum and signed up... so here i am
"Oh boy, I think i'm gonna puke!" - Goku
Jean

Post by Jean »

I came here looking for Tnakwarz. Dogbreath was so prompt and polite that I stuck around. Sometimes I even know where to find a game someone is looking for. :cuccoan:
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Oz »

i came looking for a game called diggers. i posted a not very helpful topic, and waited. while waiting, i went into that carmen diego thread. it looked kinda illegal, and i told ally so. she didn't stop. oh, well.
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Jean, I'm just curious......why do you always end your posts with a chicken? :cuccoan:
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

I think she's her. :)
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
VOOK

Post by VOOK »

I came on because I was looking for Games for a 486 Laptop I got for free!!!
shaunj

Post by shaunj »

Joris from dosgamesonline posted a question of mine in the forums seen as he didnt have an answer for me. :( :( :( :( :( :( :cuccoan: :cuccoan: :cuccoan:
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Someone from another forum (now no longer existing) recommanded this places as a good place for identifying games. Although I never got the game identified from here, I stayed on to see if there were others who needed help as well as see if there's anything interesting to post. Anyway, in the end, I identified my own game through trial & error. :P
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

thats wicket
I stumbbled on this site becaise was looking for newfoundland lyrics to a song, and for some reason there was a post here about how newfies talk and stuff, so i said that I would join :) then i began to like it more