Csharks is publishing "L I N D A"

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.

Is Linda a classic like Dave, Keen or Mario?

No, It isn't worth a judgement;p
56%
Itz oKKK;
22%
Itz a playable one:)
No votes
Itz a kool game!!!
11%
Its gr8!! But can't be compared to Dave, Keen or Mario
No votes
Itz amazing!! Beyond my words and is comparable
11%
Yes, It is a classic like them
No votes

Total votes: 9

csharks

Csharks is publishing "L I N D A"

Post by csharks »

Csharks is publishing "L I N D A - The Rising of the Phoenix

Dear friends,
Anyone luved Dave, Keen, Mario etc once in ur lifetime; Then u will luv this amazing classic too...........Can u Fight a battle for ur survival with 8 monsters in 3 eyepopping levels using 6 weapons and 141 pickups!
Csharks is not responible if that game make u a fan of Dos again;)

U can download the game directly from http://www.csharks.com/Downloads/Installer.exe
or go to http://www.csharks.com/ and go to download section.
The maDDies r eagerly awaiting for a reply at the earliest

Sincerely
Maddies
www.csharks.com

======================
Back to Dosy waters again!!!!!!!!!!!
======================
We will fight till the last drop of Blood in our body is split out!!!

visit the madDies at www.csharks.com
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Well, for a small company game it's not *that* bad... the movement is choppy, the music annoying, and the graphics are awful. I haven't played enough of it to comment on level design. As a freeware game it'd pass as average but since you're *selling* this I would highly recommend you completely redo the graphics (what program are you using to make them? I'd highly recommend <html><a href=http://www.povray.org/>Pov-Ray</a></html>, it's freeware and has been used to make some wonderful looking games such as Astrofire (found on dosgames.com) and Terrafire. Go to http://www.ortsoftware.com/ to get them) and rework whatever movement algorithm you're using. Other than that good work designing a DOS-based sidescroller-you don't see too many new ones these days. :)
Last edited by Dogbreath on Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I suggest also trying to get use of SoundBlaster sound. PC speaker is a tad bit annoying. And as DB said, the graphics are chppy. On the whole though, it's a pretty good game!
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I've played a lot of DOS games ... especially sidescrollers. I've seen some weird stuff, but this game kinda ... freaked me out ... :o :cuccoan: It just needs some tightening up in the controls area I think ...
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

One you have to do is fix up the boundary collisions. She hits a wall and just boundes around...
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

I would download it, but your spelling and grammer has given me a headache and I need to take some asprin and lie down.
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

No offence, but your website is one of the worst websites I've seen in about six months.

I've seen 12 year olds with better blogs than your website.
Not only your website, but your spelling and grammer is sickening.

I won't comment on your game, as I'd rather not support someone that presents themselves in such a rash manner as yourself, but I can say now that you must be pretty desparate to get more supporters seeming as your emailed with your game attachment.

At first, my automatic presumption was that your email was simply spam and your attachment a virus considering that the way you communicate is vaguely similar to the sort of ways script kiddies and net junkies write emails, but seeing it here, I guess that may not be the case.

Honestly, I don't think I should like you. You write like a script kiddie.
Did you actually write that game, or did you "write" that game?
I don't think it's worth judging anything anyhow until you better present your website, spelling and grammer.

That's my two cents.

BTW, for starters, remove that damn annoying racket you've set as your background music from your website.

It's giving my a headache.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

-agreed-
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

I must say, I'm not too impressed with the UNSOLICITED spam email that I was sent by you, csharks. At least it brought me back here, I've been intending to log on again, sometime, so, hi everyone!
"You believe me," I said gratefully.
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan,
Chapter III
Do you like medieval fighting games or RPG's?
Click aici.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

yeah SPAM EMAILbut never mind nice to hear from you
Wally

Post by Wally »

im afraid this doesnt compete with commander keen

Some of the sounds are crazy if you could get them going in soundblaster format.

Plus when you use the jetpack it looks like she has fire coming out of *bum*
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

not only to mention the fact that the environment seems to have a strange effect on her... all that bouncing around and getting stuck is a HUGE pain.
Sacks

Post by Sacks »

Ok you guys, what do you get when you put a whole bunch of stolen graphics and character designs in a bag, then swing it over your head 5 times and throw it at a computer screen?
The winner is me.
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

Another thing I'd like to add....

It's thanks to csharks that I'm now ammending my profile to make my email address here hidden.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Sacks wrote:Ok you guys, what do you get when you put a whole bunch of stolen graphics and character designs in a bag, then swing it over your head 5 times and throw it at a computer screen?
A pretty DAMN good adventure game :laugh:
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Does anyone here other than Wally actually like this game?

Anyhow, about the e-mails: I apoligize to any members here who recieved spam e-mails from the likes of Csharks and his pals. I sent him a warning last night and got a reply saying that they "just wished to tell other Dosgame fanatics regarding "her"!! " and will never ever do it again so "plz plz give us hosting on your site!" :rolleyes:

Obviously we never intentionally give your e-mail addresses away to 3rd parties but nevertheless the profile system can be abused to send spam e-mails.

Please notify Emmzee or me if they continue to send e-mails to you and if you've already gotten some feel free to block them (if your client allows this) or ask their ISP not to send to you from their account.
Wally

Post by Wally »

I didnt say i liked it i Was comparing what sacks was saying as a joke..

But its ok..

Needs a bit of doing up before i can say anything ELSE
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

It was horrible! Just horrible! The worst game I have ever played! You really have NOTHING to be proud of! And the language of yours... Do you honestly think your cool? And HOW THE HELL can you assume someone to PAY for such crap... Jesus Christ...!
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I'd definatly rank it as a BETA test right now. Once it's cleaned up A LOT, then I feel they can successfully charge for it. But it needs LOTS of cleaning up. If I had C++, I'd try to do it for them... but alas, I don't, and they probably wouldn't give me their code (since they're going to charge for the game and all) so ah well.

-Richard-
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I have VC++ but I'm not even sure I WANT to see the code for it... it may be possessed. (Or more likely ripped from 10 other games and spagetti-stringed all over the place)