avoid DOgbreath...

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

avoid DOgbreath...

Post by Oz »

i saw this really weird advert the other day. there was this guy sleeping on the sofa, after a "night out on the town", and he woke up, and looked as if he was going to puke all over the room, but instead this dog pops out of his mouth, and looks at him. the guy eats some X-cite™ into his mouth, and everything is fine, because his girlfriend comes downstairs and kisses him on the lips before she goes out, and she doesn't notice at all. crazy stuff, i know. anyway, when the girlfriend leaves, and the guy still has this look of disbelief on his face, the words "AVOID DOG BREATH" appear next to him. i thought it was so funny, i just had to tell you. *whiper* just don't tell dogbreath, ok? */whisper*

anyway, here is a news article about the ad.

media.guardian.co.uk/advertising/ story/0,7492,913743,00.html
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Oz »

darn ,the link doesn't work just read this.

"Record complaints shift TV advert

Claire Cozens
Friday March 14, 2003
The Guardian

A chewing gum advert showing a man regurgitating a dog has had to be moved across the TV watershed after attracting record numbers of complaints.

At least 580 viewers have contacted the independent television commission to complain since the advert, for Wrigley's X-cite chewing gum, was first aired on March 3. Screened during Sunday's episode of Cold Feet and then during Coronation Street, it would have been seen by millions of viewers.

In the advert the man wakes up on a sofa after a heavy night out. As he retches, two paws emerge from his mouth, followed by the rest of a scruffy grey dog.

Parents complained that the scene, accompanied by the warning "avoid dog breath", was frightening children and making them feel sick.

The ITC is to investigate. "Some adults said they were actually sick themselves after watching it," said a spokeswoman.

Wrigley's has agreed to restrict the ad to appearing after 9pm. "We are pragmatic in the realisation that it is almost impossible to create an advertisement engaging and powerful that everyone enjoys," it said.

The commercial that last held the ITC's complaints record was Levi's Kevin the hamster advert. It showed the animal dying of boredom after his wheel broke. The ad was banned after just a few days following 544 complaints. So great was the outcry, Kevin's owner had to publicly assure viewers the animal was alive and well."
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Actually... I saw something like that last month but instead of that... everyone was saying "hey, Dogbreath" "hello, Dogbreath" to this one guy... it was an advertisement for some breath cleanser.

In anycase, I'm suing! How dare this people inform the public to shun me!?!?!?!
Interon

Post by Interon »

Snoopy's breath smells like rotten fish. I feed her black bone-shaped treats, which work temporarily.

Snoopy is a female Pomeranian hybrid dog born in June 1997. She lives in my house and she has the worst breath that I ever smelled. She weighs about 20 pounds and has mostly brown fur.

I get her to lick my nose to test how well the black bones work.
Thunderfrog

Post by Thunderfrog »

Nice move, you Fucking Wacko. You just Revived a fucking 9 month old Topic.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

We'll have none o' that bumping or flaming in this here forum.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Goodbye, Thunderfrog.