Hugo 1, 2 and 3 (PLZ HELP)

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
nightelf_archer

Hugo 1, 2 and 3 (PLZ HELP)

Post by nightelf_archer »

Hey ppl!
I really wanna try the Hugo Trilogy but it refuses to work on my computer.
:cry:
I click on the WINZIP file and double click the program, but it says it can't find the file.
PLZ HELP!
If u can help plz email me at
[email protected]
Thanx! :D
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

Save it to disk (eg. C:\Games\) and then unzip

Re: Hugo 1, 2 and 3 (PLZ HELP)

Post by Guest »

nightelf_archer wrote:Hey ppl!
I really wanna try the Hugo Trilogy but it refuses to work on my computer.
:cry:
I click on the WINZIP file and double click the program, but it says it can't find the file.
PLZ HELP!
If u can help plz email me at
[email protected]
Thanx! :D
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

The problem occours because you haven't unzipped the archive. The 'arcive' is basically the correct term for the bunch of [in your case Hugo] files in the .zip file. A compressed, or 'zipped' file contains all the necessary files needed to run the game, but doesn't have a valid table of contents. To compare, it'd be like looking for a word in a dictionary that is NOT in any specific order. Apple may be in the middle, aardvark at the end, and Zorostrian at the very start. The error you are getting is there because the game needs to run a specific, and important data file that, even though YOU can physically see, the computer can't.

Now for the simple part --> Fixing this error.

What you now must do is Uncompress, or 'unzip' the file. Select all the files in the archive (click the top file, hold shift, then click the very last file) and choose 'Extract' Give it a directory [a main folder to hold all the Hugo files]. You might as well type in c:\Hugo then choose OK. Once this is done, close WinZIP and go into Explore (windows key + e) and navigate to the C:\HUGO folder. Find the .EXE file that looks most like it'd be the game (ie: Hugo.exe) and double click it.

Hopefully that helps you out and works. If by chance it doesn't work, feel free to drop another message in here and I (or somebody else) will try to further help you.

-Richard-