Abandonware can be Freeware with your help!!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Abandonware can be Freeware with your help!!

Post by Da_Goat »

Don't beleive the title? Here's proof (straight from Game Hippo)
Game Hippo News wrote:Oct 10 :: Galactic Battle
We have just turned an abandonware game into freeware! We found the old and abandonded shareware game called Galactic Battle (from 1991). We really wanted to post this game on Gamehippo so we simply contacted the game company and they gave us approval to post the game as a freeware game. Yay!
I just thought that this was really cool...........now go ask all the DOS publishers! Now!
Last edited by Da_Goat on Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Hey, that's a good game! Cool! Don't ask Epic. They still sell their stuff.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

No they dont, a site they liscenced does. I told you guys many times that illsend out formal letters to ge freeware from abandonware if you tel me the game, company, publisher and website.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

kazer0 wrote:I told you guys many times that illsend out formal letters to ge freeware from abandonware if you tel me the game, company, publisher and website.
You did?
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

Yea it was on my Dare to Dream request in Finding old games.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

This is definitely a worthwhile activity. I sent out a few emails awhile back to try to get permission to post some games on dosgames, but never got any reasonable replies.

The problem is, a lot of the companies that made these games don't exist anymore, so who actually owns the intellectual property is in doubt. I'd love to post World Leader Board Golf on dosgames.com. (Anyone remember this EGA golf game? "Looks like he hit the tree, Jim") ... However Access Software, who originally made the game, was bought by Microsoft ... I tried to contact various people at M$ to try to talk to anyone who might know about the game, but failed ... :(
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Ugh, Microsoft would never release a game as freeware. Same with LucasArts. Those darn corporations!!
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

I will try. Jusrt gimme some time, ill type the letter at the library, since im not even supposed to be oon here