Police Quest 1 & 2

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Police Quest 1 & 2

Post by Da_Goat »

I recently downloaded these from a *hush*abandonware*hush........I said shut up!* site, and I was wondering if a shareware version was ever created. If so, I'd like to know where to get 'em so I can put 'em on my site. If it's possible, I'd like them to be on the same page and not have any other games along with them (ok......I said if it's possible, but I'll be happy with 2 sites or something).
Ally
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ally »

I don't think a shareware version was created.
I thawt yer inglich wuz vari gud.- Dan (Da_Goat)
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

yay!!

PQ1 is one of my favourite games!!

do u know how to get into PQII? I dont know if there is a site orsummin that will help me identify the correct name of the criminal.

Thx
Richard
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

king/space/police quest (early ones) are legal to distibute.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

If you could link me to an official site in which the creator and/or publisher publicly announce the games as freeware, then I'd be happy to link the full versions.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

I havent seen an actual announcement, but I dont see Sierra selling Police quest 1 anymore..
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

That's not the point. Did they release it as freeware? If not, then it's illegal.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

although I agree that Thunderdog is wrong about the "not selling it anymore" thing.............
That's not the point. Did they release it as freeware? If not, then it's illegal.
That's not entirely true. Take ZZT as an example; it was released for $$$, but later turned freeware by it's creator. So it wasn't "released" as freeware, but the creator/publisher did justify that it was later turned to freeware.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

What I mean, was it announced as freeware? Did they actually say: Okay, we're not going to sell Police Quest 1, so you guys can download it for free.

Bobo

If you want them go to...

Post by Bobo »

hey,

Go to not 'lowwed to do that. No linking to abandonware or warez. Sorry! to get Police Quest 1 and 2.

P.S. the first one you can just play. The second one you need a Password. I need it, I lost my dads book that has it. :shame:

P.S.S. If that Helps any. :suspicious:
Bobo

It's not abandinware or whatever!!!!!!

Post by Bobo »

That's way too obvious. I know you're trying to help, but I'll make it easy.
It has the same name as this site, but ends with two different letters for the . part. The . part has the same letters as the first letters of the words "Not" and "Later". There.
John the Ax
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Hey, Bobo. If you want to link to abandonware, use a PM (Private Message). Also, I already have the full versions of Police Quest 1 & 2. I need the shareware version (which I'm beginning to think never existed) to post on my site.
Bobo

Oh,

Post by Bobo »

I run an o.k. dos site (with over 100 dos games) and I have never heard of the Sharware version of Police quest 1 or 2. I could make it Shareware by deleting some levels... :huh:

besides *******.** isn't abandonware or *****. It's a buckup site of you games.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

That wouldn't make it shareware. It has to be released as shareware. You can't turn King's Quest 7 into shareware by deleting the ending. It doesn't work like that.

Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

all the editing is making this hard tyo understand
Mitch

Police quest 1

Post by Mitch »

i need the manual to police quest 1...........if you know where to get one tell me............you have to have it to play the game and not lose
joey

Post by joey »

they never created shareware versions, freeware, etc. there was one version: the full version. i do not believe it is free for download. you can not buy any of the old AGI or SCI games from sierra (atleast i dont think you can) but they are not freely available for download. the IDSA prevents it.

also, you might want to do a google search for AGI Studio so you could make you own AGI games. i love AGI games and have made a few of my own.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

locked because of the date..

This post is nearly 2 years old..

Post by Guest »

:blah:
jason phillips

pq 2 password

Post by jason phillips »

wardrich wrote:yay!!

PQ1 is one of my favourite games!!

do u know how to get into PQII? I dont know if there is a site orsummin that will help me identify the correct name of the criminal.

Thx
Richard
Try entering jessie bains until it lets you enter the game ok