New format for digital music

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

New format for digital music

Post by Moo »

I was looking around on the internet and found a new type of digital music format, mp3PRO. It's really quite cool. It makes 64kBit/s sound almost exactly if not perfectly like 128kBit/s quality so it saves massive space on your computer and/or supported portable mp3 players. If your interested on more information check out http://www.mp3prozone.com.
denrix
<font color=CC00CC><i>*Special*</font>
<font color=CC00CC><i>*Special*</font>

Post by denrix »

dunno. I aint so sure of that.
cuz I've heard these other voices that say that Sony is soon going to release another proprietary format for music, which is going to blow the mp3 right out of the water. :blah:
sasha: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have sex with my boyfriend.
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Oz »

please....

mp3pro has been around for a while now. it's just another way of encoding into mp3, so technically it's still mp3. and there's a better way of encoding into mp3: LAME. search for Razorlame on google, download it and download lame.exe from somewhere, then try encoding at variable bit rates. you'll get great quality at average bitrate of 64 kbits, if your song has some silent bits.

and if you REALLY want new technology, check out AAC. it's how apple encodes their iTunes tracks. there are some free apps that can encode into aac at www.doom9.org , and don't forget the forum at forum.doom9.org .
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

Give me Vorbis or give me death!
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

LOL, give me the complete albums in ape compressed wav files from the newsgroups anyday!

You can keep your Vorbis, mp3pro etc.

The only mp3's I treasure are my 20 cd's with the top 100 singles for each year from 1980-1999
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Moved as per johpowers request...