Poser?

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.

Is Avril Lavigne a Poser?

Yes
56%
No
11%
never heard of her
33%

Total votes: 9

Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

She isn't top fashion....the whole "Punk" look is really out there now....not slutty look, though some still try to dress like that. I know corsets were a disaster....SO glad I don't have to wear one!
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Was it a man or a woman who came up with the corset contraption?

Its pretty sad some of the things women have had to put up with for fashion over the centuries: Corsets screwing up your ribcage and internal organs, some place (china?) bound girls feet at an early age so they could barely walk and were very deformed, the african women with elongated necks because of the metal hoops they wear (who suffocate if they are removed), etc.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

It's so sick! BLECH.....but if you think about it....it's bad now too...I mean, all girls have to be skinny to be cool, have to wear skimpy stuff, and thongs and have big boobs and small butts and all that crap.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

*Check-Mate* wrote:It's so sick! BLECH.....but if you think about it....it's bad now too...I mean, all girls have to be skinny to be cool, have to wear skimpy stuff, and thongs and have big boobs and small butts and all that crap.
Heres some new for you, guys dont like skinny girls (kate moss is nasty) we like some curves. That whole skinny as a toothpick is sexy thing was started by women not men. You women spend all day reading stupid magazines written by women who dont know crap about what men want, they just feed the ignorant women crap so they can sell magazines. Dont get me wrong, 200+lbs isnt cool looking either for a short girl, but thats the other extreme.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

I'm not saying skinny as a toothpick....I'm just saying...not 200 lbs!
And, guess what? A LOT of men think like that...the majority.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Not really. I don't think like that, nor do most of my friends. Toothpicks break easily.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Corsets are likely a FRENCH invention. See "fashion after 1500". Let's lay off the Canadians and...

Ahmmm, anyway, the skiny on modern skiny is from the fashion gurus who saw "Twiggy" (Petula Clark) in the mid 60's. They were looking for a new look after 20 years of Donna Reed and Doris Day. Many hippy chicks tended to be anerexic from low food intake, so that was the que. Ladies didn't do this all to themselves, but they aided and abetted by not calling a halt. :o

A very good Frontline special called "Dying To Be Thin" has been in the PBS loop recently. Has it all in deathly living color. Imagine being a ballet student, age 12, and being told you're too fat by the teacher... at 90 lbs. Imaging loosing 30-50% of your muscle mass by age 40 (instead of 80). Ugly has many faces beyond skin deep. :(

Everyone should see this show before age 10 and again at 14.
Sig: "The Universe is change... but it is not exact change." -Fusco Bros.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Hey ya! I was watching that, and I heard about Twiggy! Wow....that's scary! I'm so glad I don't care about how much I eat. I live for fast food, an grease and junk food, but I do eat healthy too.....Yes! Go Matabolism!
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Unfortunately I ate waaayyy too many Kazer0's (& etc) while younger and now have Crohn's disease. To list what not to do and be healthy beyond 20 would fill too much space here and leave you a social outcast when you say no to the lunch trip to McDeath's. (In retaliation I only go there now to leave deposits. :karate: )

Any one at DOS Games with GI problems is welcome to PM me and we'll talk privately (as we should). Maybe I can smooth your road. B)
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Ya, oh my god. There's this ....ok, DA, you'll know what I'm talking about...
We had a "Meeting" today, and this guy commented, I know the family good, and one of the kids is my age, anyways...we were talking about struggles in the family, and he said he was diagnosed with diabeties (If that's how you spell it) I never knew that, and I didn't really like like the guy before (The one that's my age) but now I feel really sorry....I mean, having to go through that terrible disease.....I feel sorry for everyone that has to go through anything like that.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

You develop a mind set known as "Zen", if you're wise enough to realize you need it. If not, you're at the mercy of your problem. It's sort of like walking a desert and willing yourself not to feel the heat. All the goofy movies showing strained head muscles in concentration are 100% the wrong way. A calm mind pushes the pain into a corner and a calm body is evident from the outside. Why waste energy? The devil goes elsewhere without power to do damage. The Peace covers adversity like thick syrup, making it all tolerable. If I really good at it I might actually will the disease to go away entirely. I wish all of us could do it. Sure would be a better world. B)
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Eh heh heh heh heh <cough><cough><cough><Wheeze>
SHOETAQUILLA

Post by SHOETAQUILLA »

Marilyn Manson (GOD of Posers)

Avril Lavigne (Who????)
Give Me Blood, Guts n' Glory...Shoot to Kill!!
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

Does Marilyn Manson even claim to be more than the modern Alice Cooper?