Too few people...

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Too few people...

Post by Core_12 »

Doesn't it seem a bit quiet around here? The largest number of users at once is only 30. Exactly what's the time there are many people online (let's say in GMT +-0)?
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

We have a low amount of users because we take pride in purging idiots.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Oh, well... That makes sense... :laugh:
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

That and most posts are how do we run this game in windows xp, and that bored me to death.

Most people use this forum for finding old games or getting them to work with new hardware. I am interested in talking about the old games and talking about the retro hardware they ran on.
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

Yeah, it's a little sparse and quiet at times. But, in some ways, that's the best. You get to know people better, less idiots join the forum and spam all over the place, the forum becomes less bloated, and the swearing level is slightly more reasonable than other forums *coughcough*Gamehippo*cough*. You get used to it. It's a nice, small atmosphere.
"You believe me," I said gratefully.
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan,
Chapter III
Do you like medieval fighting games or RPG's?
Click aici.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Yes, you're absolutely right. And luckly enough, there's always at least one guest around... :)

...there was fun."

Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

One of the main reasons we have so few people on at a time is that we have people from all over the various continents. (I.e, we have people from the U.S., Brazil, Canada, Finland :P, U.K, France, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, Estonia, Japan, Albania, Israel, Russia, Algeria, Morroco, South Africa, Australia, etc. etc etc... this is why IRC channal didn't really work)

However, most posts here are constructive and if you compare the total amount of *good* posts here to those of more "active" message boards you'll find that overall we have more posts. :)
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Hey! What's wrong with Finland :huh: ! (well okay it's damn cold here...)

...there was fun."

Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Well, there's the whole "5 million drunken losers" concept of it. ;) (j/k man)

I grew up in Minnesota, where about 90% of the population is Sweedish... I never recovered from the experience. :laugh:
denrix
<font color=CC00CC><i>*Special*</font>

Post by denrix »

Dogbreath wrote:...Albania...
Ooooh!!!! Thats me! THATS ME!!!
sasha: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have sex with my boyfriend.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Yes, I was thinking about you when I wrote that. ;) (When are you leaving for Canada, btw?)
denrix

Post by denrix »

November 3d (ie. not this Monday, but the next one, 1 week and 2 days from now).
Our plane leaves from Tirana at 7.20 Am (Albanian time, GMT+1), arrives in Milano, Italy at 9.20. there we'll have to switch planes, so we leave at 10.30, to arrive at Lester B. Pearson (To.) (Canadians: who the hell is this guy? is he famous or what? is he the one who invented AIDS?) at 13.55 PM (Canadian Time). Pretty sweet, ain't it. :D
Our apartment is in Esington East (at least I think so). Does any of you people live around there?
sasha: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have sex with my boyfriend.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

http://www.uwc.ca/pearson/library/lester/lester.htm

He was a PM, Ambassador to the U.S., defused WWII, a Noble Peace Prize Winner, *and* president of the U.N. General assembly... shesh, talk about over-achievements. :suspicious:
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

I'm Canadian, and I have no idea whatsoever.
"You believe me," I said gratefully.
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan,
Chapter III
Do you like medieval fighting games or RPG's?
Click aici.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Neither do I.
Dogbreath wrote:Well, there's the whole "5 million drunken losers" concept of it. ;) (j/k man)
Isn't that Ireland?
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Kazer0 wrote:Neither do I.
Dogbreath wrote:Well, there's the whole "5 million drunken losers" concept of it. ;) (j/k man)
Isn't that Ireland?
Depends how many live in ireland these days.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

dnirex wrote:
Dogbreath wrote:...Albania...
Ooooh!!!! Thats me! THATS ME!!!

Also Croatia

I am from there!
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Dogbreath wrote:One of the main reasons we have so few people on at a time is that we have people from all over the various continents. (I.e, we have people from the U.S., Brazil, Canada, Finland :P, U.K, France, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, Estonia, Japan, Albania, Israel, Russia, Algeria, Morroco, South Africa, Australia, etc. etc etc... this is why IRC channal didn't really work)

However, most posts here are constructive and if you compare the total amount of *good* posts here to those of more "active" message boards you'll find that overall we have more posts. :)
You Forgot VI, you numbnuts.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

I thought you moved.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

I did, but I joined when I was in the VI. Therefore, I'm still from the VI.