Orange robot boy from early 00's [Medabots]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Richard122

Post by Richard122 »

For quite some time I have been trying to remember the name of a game that I used to play in a game shop whenever I went there. I do not remember which console it was, but I'm guessing it was between 2001-2004, so probably ps2 or gamecube.

The game is a fighting game, but I do not recall many details. I do believe it was in arcade style. The main character (or at least the character I always chose) was an orange robot boy, who had guns in his arms. His arms, or the guns on top of it, had a rectangular shape, with two barrels.

Unfortunately I don't remember anymore details, so I am aware of the fact that it really hard to identify the game that I'm talking about. However, any help is much appreciated!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Orange robot boy from early 00's

Post by Rwolf »

I did not find anything that matched very well, possibly one of the Megaman games, but he is blue, not orange.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/13776/me ... ollection/
Richard122

Post by Richard122 »

Thanks for the reply! Actually, when I was first guessing the name, this name came to mind, but it's not the right game unfortunately.

However, based on your suggestions I started looking again and I just found it! So huge thanks to you. It also makes sense that I also guessed Megaman, because the game I was looking for is called Medabots! I ended up doing a Google search for "Pokemon but with robots" and this came up. Now that I know what it is, I remember that there is actually a whole anime about this.

Thanks a lot! My life is a little bit more complete now:)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Aha, thanks for the update; here is a picture of the robot guy:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/53351/me ... ws/529488/

There was a series of games about them:
https://www.mobygames.com/group/9859/me ... ot-series/
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Looks like it's some kind of spin-off promotional/advergame.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Yes, it is also an almost identical game (only with different characters) as the "Gadget & the Gadgetinis" by Fox Kids.
I see on the CD shown with the Medabots game entry it was included with a MacDonalds Happy Meal.
Quick way to make a bunch of advertising games with the same concept.
I'm a bit uncertain if it is freeware or pay-ware; you had to buy a burger to get the game, I think.