Shooting Green Aliens (Old Nintendo Game or very old Windows Game) [Splatter Joe]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Miron25

Shooting Green Aliens (Old Nintendo Game or very old Windows Game) [Splatter Joe]

Post by Miron25 »

I'm looking for an old game, I'm not sure if it was for the NES or a very old game for WIN 95/98. The hero traversed the environment and shot green aliens, monsters. When hit, they exploded, blood spilled from them. It was also possible to collect grenades that could be thrown at those green aliens. If you killed one, blood would remain on the ground and sometimes even drip down. It was a primitive game, but it's part of my childhood and I just can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I have a feeling that I found the game somewhere, that it might have been banned because of the 'blood,' although from today's perspective it was actually ridiculous. Think about it, it must have been something very old. I've created an approximate image of what I remember from the game.

oldgameexample.png
oldgameexample.png (11.12 KiB) Viewed 396 times
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Shooting Green Aliens (Old Nintendo Game or very old Windows Game)

Post by Rwolf »

Maybe something in this list, but there is little to go on so I took a guess, like what year you played it, how did the screen behave, side-scrolling or fixed/flip screen:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/genre:2d ... le/page:1/

E.g. 'Rolling Thunder' has green aliens: https://www.mobygames.com/game/7373/rol ... reenshots/
Also 'SonSon': https://www.mobygames.com/game/24266/sonson/

Green aliens would be a standard enemy thing in such settings, I think.
Miron25

Post by Miron25 »

Rwolf wrote: Maybe something in this list, but there is little to go on so I took a guess, like what year you played it, how did the screen behave, side-scrolling or fixed/flip screen:

Green aliens would be a standard enemy thing in such settings, I think.
Thanks, not sure about the year, but it was back in 2003-2005, screen: side-scrolling...I remember the intro screen, it was black with red text, nothing more and it was something like: The Rock, short name...I'm afraid it wasn't an official game. Im not sure but I think I found it on dark web...
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

If it could have been some old freeware game, try looking at freeware sites from the 2000s:
caiman.us
Acid Play
Curly's World of Freeware (Wayback Machine copy)
Miron25

Post by Miron25 »

I finally foud the Game, the name is: Splatter Joe :D
Attachments
Desktop Screenshot 2024.02.23 - 22.35.50.40.png
Desktop Screenshot 2024.02.23 - 22.35.50.40.png (66.68 KiB) Viewed 335 times