DOS/Win95 game that started in metro/subway. FPS

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
miggis

Post by miggis »

Hi, I have been trying to google this game for 6 hours today with no luck, I found it few years ago in the same situation, but not this time.

If I remember correctly, it were two word name like "games name".

It came in some demo cd on magzine and we played it on friends 75Mhz pentium around 1995 +- few years. Back then it felt like a game that player can do anything, but I guess it is kind of simple to todays stamdards.

(Demo) starts in a subway station and is first person view, then you could walk up the stairs and trought security gate and go to street and walk around.

There were also enemies which you could shoot.

Station were kind of gray.

It is not that william shatners game or any that I could find atm.

I remember that there were a youtube video when i last time remembered it few years ago, so it cant be too rare.

Thanks if somebody can help me :)
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Just to exclude a few common ones, Duke Nukem 3D, Take No Prisoners, or something on the Build Engine list?
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/25d ... ,25/so,1d/

Anything look similar, or are these the wrong style of games?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Half Life Blue Shift?
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

1st person shooter, or 3rd person sidescroller game?
miggis

Post by miggis »

1st person shooter, Not one of these really popular ones like duke, doom and so on.

Im not 100% sure, but I think that it were around first doom or bit after it, graphic style were more simple/rough than duke nukem.

Im not sure if shooting were the main point, maybe there were some guards/police/agents that started to shoot if player provoked them. Small memory fragment of guy(s) in black suits like men in black.

Definetly before 1997/8, probably around 1995, pentium 1 were really really new then and so were win95.

It looked more like system shock than duke/redneck rampage style of games.

Damn bad memory.

All I remember that game/demo started inside of subway/metro station(probably no train thou), then you could walk around and walls were simple/gray, then some stairs and security gate or something similar and on the street were people walking around in a city. And somewhere between you could shoot people.

William shatners tekwar looks a bit like it, but there were no videos, at least in demo and it is not that, im 90% sure :laugh:

We spend a whole day trying to find it few days ago, i went trought lists of dos games and videos.

If there would be list of ALL pc games before 1997, I could spend few hours to go trought it, im pretty sure if i see the name i remember it.

Or this is biggest delucion ever in my mind and my memory is corrupted :angry: :laugh:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Any chance it could be Legend of the Seven Paladins? (it starts in a subway, although not on the platform)

There's also this pretty rare A.D. Cop game which is actually more of a rail shooter on a Doom-like engine, which could have some subway mission. No idea if it even had a demo though.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

http://MobyGames.com can get you lists of all sorts of games. Can't promise 100% completeness, but it's as close as I know. UVList.net is also decent.

In mobygames, click the Games link near the top left, under the search bar. To narrow the search choose (platform) 'Windows', (genera) Action, and (perspective) 1st Person.

Then you can chose 'all the games' over above the game list, and click the Year column to sort by year. (Click twice for descending.) Then you can look through them. You can also try other search criteria if you think of things or get interested.

Shortcut - You'll end up here, if you want to go directly without the search:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/w ... ist-games/
Twanjo

Post by Twanjo »

miggis wrote: Hi, I have been trying to google this game for

(Demo) starts in a subway station and is first person view, then you could walk up the stairs and trought security gate and go to street and walk around.
Did u find the name? I thinking almost 6 month's :D now of the name of this game. I excactly have the same memoriea of playing this game , it was was really way back before Doom , Duke nukem or even Wolfestein3d.

I also think it must be a demo because i cant find it either on youtube or dos games list. I rember it was a bit of "dark" game. Something about collecting drugs or, my uncle say i couldnt play :P

I thougt the game started with the letter T, something like Tekna or Tekno. But perphaps not (T) at all , i think we never find it :blah:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Twanjo wrote: I thougt the game started with the letter T, something like Tekna or Tekno.
William Shatner's TekWar?
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I thought of that also at first, but the OP specifically said it was not one of Shatners games.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Rwolf wrote: I thought of that also at first, but the OP specifically said it was not one of Shatners games.
I was replying to Twanjo though, the description is very likely TekWar:
Twanjo wrote: I rember it was a bit of "dark" game. Something about collecting drugs
Twanjo wrote: I thougt the game started with the letter T, something like Tekna or Tekno
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Ok.
Karazal

Post by Karazal »

Lifeforce Tenka / Codename Tenka?