1990s DOS Alien Fleet invading different planets

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
housecaldwell

Post by housecaldwell »

Every few years I take a look for this game and I still haven't gotten even a nibble as to the name. Here's what I remember about the gameplay:

You are a green bug-eyed alien and you are invading different planets. You manage the invasion in real time from 2 screens:

Screen 1 - Divided into 9 separate invasion areas plus a sidebar showing your troops or status or something. You selected which troops to send to which of the 9 invasion areas. They would then fight on their own in real time -- you could send additional troops if they got into trouble. Two troops -- infantry and armor. And if you had a ship in orbit (see screen 2) you could do an orbital bombardment. (Nuke 'em from orbit) And the graphics were basically sprites on a grid -- no real animation except when there was shooting.

Screen 2 - This showed your ships and the orbit of your ships around the planet. At higher levels you had to knock out military satellites before you attempted your landing. You could also choose to keep your ships in high orbit (safer) or a lower orbit (more dangerous) where they could do the orbital bombardments.

I loved this game until it just got too hard managing the orbital and the ground at the same time. It just got overwhelming. But I'd love to try it again. Any ideas?

This was defintely a pre-CD game. I played it 1991-1992. And I'm pretty sure it was a 3.5 floppy in a ziplock bag when I bought it. :-)

Best,
Nicholas
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Master of Orion?
The 1st version was available on floppies as well as CD - and you can choose our race from various aliens.
Not sure about the ziplock bag though - and it was released in 1993.
housecaldwell

Post by housecaldwell »

Thanks - no, I still play Master of Orion. :-) Totally different beast -- I've never seen a game like this since. Maybe I'll have to learn programming and recreate it from memory lol.