So you want to program DOS games? Steps inside...

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
kronoman

Post by kronoman »

How could I share links to my MS DOS games with source code? Every time I want to put a link or an image, the forum won't let me. I have enough source code to show and teach how to program MS DOS games.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I gather this should be your current website?
https://alvarogonzalezferrer.github.io/

You already have five posts, so I think you should be able to post links right now.

This is all spam prevention policy, sorry.
MadButcher

Post by MadButcher »

Dutch wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:27 am I can't find any literature about game developement for DOS....
And maybe someone can advise where to start with VESA-modes programming. VGA is good, but I would prefer 640x480.
you think in the right direction, my friend!

if you succeed with VESA-modes programming - the game development ideas will come later

i remember when approx 20-25 years ago i programmed with Borland C/Pascal and i implemented every time assembler code in my programs when i needed to activate VESA-modes or to transfer big amount of data quickly

so i think a good knowledge of 16-bit Assembler will help you in dos programming