Turn-based gangster/mafia PC game with bad art

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
justinooncx

Post by justinooncx »

Around the late '90s and early '00s when I was very young, I remember buying one of those pirated discs with tons of random games in them. One of them was this... odd gangster/mafia game that I had fun with.

Graphics were pretty piss-poor, thinking back on it. Everything looked like it was done in MS Paint or something. When you attacked with a machinegun, the bullet sprite was a number of bullets bunched up together that flew at the enemy.

It was a turn-based game, and you could do a number of actions before the end of the month(?) or something. If you took a job, you'd skip a whole month, and you could decide how long you wanted to work for.

I remember taking a job at the bank, and when they asked me how long I wanted to work for, I set it to 99... and just kept spam-clicking the Next Month button and came out filthy rich. With that, I bought my whole crew machineguns (the strongest weapon in the game AFAIK).

You could hire thugs as well to fight at your side by going into... a bar, maybe? Combat was turn-based as well, and you and the enemies were lined up on two sides where you'd take turns shooting each other.

Also, there was multiplayer! Multiplayer as in 'my turn is over, it's now your turn' sort of deal, not real-time. Basically, when a month was up, it was the next player's turn to play for that month, then the next. Up to four players, I think...? That one's fuzzy.

That's all I can remember about that game. Feel free to ask me some questions; maybe that'd jog my memory for more details!
Hardbasta

Post by Hardbasta »

I too have been looking for this, just found it. Crime fighter.