1995-2000 pc game, egypt, 2D, increase city pop. to beat bandit city [Oasis]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
hewlettwrites

Post by hewlettwrites »

It's a pc game, maybe java. You have a map that is completely black except for the square that your in. I don't know if it actually showed a person. The black that covers the map is like fog of war. You click on the black that surrounds the one square that you start with. As you uncover the map you discover more, like whether its desert, mountain, river. The goal is to discover your cities and link them together with roads that you lay down. I believe you have only so many roads. Also, you need to discover where the bandits are, because they are going to attack you after so many turns. If you discover them, then you can bulk up that's closest to it with more soldiers, so they survive the attack. If that city falls from the attack, then the bandits follow the road to all the other cities and continue attacking until they die or you die.
As you discover the map, you can find a cave in the mountains and go through it to the other side. It may even give you an armour or fighting bonus.
The map is not large, you don't need to scroll or anything, it's just the size of the screen. If you win, you get a new map to discover as the story continues.
I don't remember much about the story, maybe something to do with a king trying to recover his kingdom, or his crown, and maybe a god was involved. The world Osiris or Amun sticks in my mind, but none of my searches were successful.
There were bonus roads were you had so many turns to uncover the fog of war and discover a treasure which was in the middle of a lake. Maybe there was an obelisk in the middle of it.
I tried searching for Obelisk as a title, no luck.
I think the title is a weird name, but, of course, i dont remember.
Graphics were fairly basic. 2D, top down, simple animations of little figures on the road to the cities. Color.
That's all i remember so far. If i think of more, i will add to this post.
Thanks everyone for reading and helping
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

1995-2000 pc game, egypt, 2D, increase city pop. to beat bandit city

Post by MrFlibble »

Your description sounds awfully a lot like the first Civilization game, except the maps were not small and you were not limited by the antiquity.

Maybe try looking in the list of games set in Egypt:
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/se ... t,0/so,1a/
hewlettwrites

1995-2000 pc game, egypt, 2D, increase city pop. to beat bandit city

Post by hewlettwrites »

You rock, MrFlibble! The list was perfect and i found it. Oasis.
Thanks a bunch!
hewlettwrites

Post by hewlettwrites »

omg, i actually found it on steam. time to download and reminisce.