First person space game with moon base [Battlezone]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
bobj6

Post by bobj6 »

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a space game that starts on a planet which looks kind of like the moon.
this was around 2000 on Windows. either 95 or XP, but since it was 3d I think it was xp but im not sure.
back then I was still young and my English not to good so i never left the start area since I didn't know what the game wanted me to do.
but I remember the following:

When you start a new game there is a cutscene of a space shuttle launching and you will end up starting on a moon like surface of a planet.
there are a few futuristic looking armed space crafts laying around the base that are flyable. (The thing I did the most just fly and shoot)
in the base there was also a big radar looking tower and a machine that had something to do with scrapping/repairing or making space crafts.
if I remember correctly it was a platform with 3 walls and one wall that had hinged down (Opened up) vaguely I remember that you could close the door and move the entire machine.

there where probably a few more buildings but i know there where multiple different space crafts.
for scenery I didn't really go far. at one edge of the base camp was a deep cliff down that you could hardly get back up from.
towards the other way where some small hills and trenches with some glowing pylon.
sort of like a path. maybe it was a kind of racetrack but as mentioned I never understand what to do.

Further I know it was a 3d first person game. and i am not sure if you could walk around or where tight to a craft.
me feeling says you where able to walk around.
by my knowledge it wasn't a well known or popular game.
So, if anybody has a idea please let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Bob
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

First person space game with moon base

Post by MrFlibble »

Have you looked at Battlezone?
bobj6

Post by bobj6 »

Hi MrFlibble,

Wow that was quick.
but your completely correct, That is the one.

Thank you for your help.
Bob
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

JIC, the game is available for purchase from GOG.com:
https://www.gog.com/game/battlezone_98_redux