THUNDERBEAR - FOOTBALL FANATIC

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
Weeby

Post by Weeby »

Hello! I am hoping that someone can help me out. I have been playing "Football Fanatic" from Thunderbear (found at http://www.thunderbear.com/footy/index.html) and I am really struggling. I have read every page on the "official" site and the tips they offer are better than nothing but still quite vague. Here are my main problems:

a) I am struggling to increase a player's "form". For example, I buy a player who has 65 skill and 60 form. And then I practice, play friendlies, and his form drops, even though they are playing and healthy (not "tired"). So I wind up with a team of skill 65 players but they all have form of 35 or 40. What can I do to increase "form"?

b) Tactics: The "tips" sheet on the official page is really vague. Has someone got any suggestions for formations and tactics other than the official page? (I am just doing "trial and error" but there are so many moving parts - different opponents and their formations / tactics, etc, that it is difficult to see what is working and why.

c) I've played a lot of games over the years and I can always find a great strategy game online - except for this one! Has anyone come across a "real" (written by people who have played it, not the official site) strategy guide for Football Fanatic?

THANKS!! :)
qaz

Post by qaz »

Try here......

http://www.thunderbear.com/footy/old/index.html

Hope it works well for you as I registered just so I could make this post :P

Do you happen to know the money cheat for this game?
maquih

Experienced player, been playing since around 2002

Post by maquih »

Hi. This game can be nearly impossible without experience or at least a guiding hand.

A couple of 'free lunches' are programmed into the game that must be taken advantage of to compete with the computer.

First, try to enter the offseason with liquidity. The very first week of the new season will often contain very cheap buys on the transfer list. Often, they come from teams outside the EFL.

These players are out of form/rating but their skill is 15 points higher and these players are usually very young 17-20.

Buy these players and hold many friendlies to make them build into a cohesive unit! Or loan a couple out throughout the season, and sell them the next year for a hefty profit!

Finally, use your scout! Give him a good amount of money, at least $10K, (half in pounds) and tell him to search exclusively World! he will bring you 80 rated players at a cost of $1M or less. You will likely find A Ranville in the Americas who is bought for peanuts and can be quickly resold for over $20M

Once you sell such a superstar player, you have enough money to buy several affordable 70 players and starting climbing your way into C and B division!

Also, you have to think about your tactics actually. I like to play 4-3-3, a very offensive formation because a win is 3 points and a draw only 1. But match the style to your team. If your forwards are very fast, like 75+ speed, then Pace might be a good attacking option, and Breakaway as well. If you have 4 very good midfielders, you might want to try possession. All out attack and constant attack should be reserved to teams with extraordinary defensive players to withstand the inevitable counterattacks.

Also, be very sharp in contract negotiations, offer one year less and a reduction in salary and you can often get them to bargain down!

Finally, there is a way to create players that are 125 rating, and even higher, but 125 is the best I ever made. It requires lots of patience and many years, almost the way Barcelona made Lionel Messi. I will leave it to you to figure out exactly how it works in the game.

any other questions?
Kandinsky

Post by Kandinsky »

Does anyone still plays this game? It is quite hard to start from the bottom. What formation does you use?
My most sucessful formation was a plain 4x4x2, but was only sucessful after assembling a good team, because before that, I was a mid-table team at Division D.
Any tips and thoughts about the tactical side?
Kandinsky

Post by Kandinsky »

Here's a rough guide for people who were in the same position as I was. this guide approaches transfers, training, formation and tactics, including the screenshot of my formation + tactic.

Link:
http://www.filedropper.com/myfootballfanaticguide
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

THX Kandinsky.

However, must ask in what soft you made that guide?
Besides the guide I'm getting some garbage in OpenOffice and LibreOffice. (Linux)
Same in Windows wordpad.(readable but some garbage)
Completely unreadable in notepad.

Maybe you could also post a plain TXT guide? Or PDF format?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Kandinsky

Post by Kandinsky »

Oh,it's not working? It was made in Office 2010. I must save it in 2003 Version Format soit can be compatible with open office. I will also do it in both versions of txt and pdf, ok? Thx for the reply.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Ahem .....
Upgraded my LibreOffice/Ubuntu 12.04 and works fine now, seems MS Office added some new .... thingies-stuffies-pointers-markers-whatevers.... ?
Yeah yeah, should upgrade more often, lazy moi ..... :laugh:

Plain TXT file won't do as I can see now you included pics (those pics were apparently the cause of that 'garbage' I had ...)

What I could do if you want (after all it's your baby) is post a plain PDF file of your file, conversion to PDF works fine with LibreOffice and is working 100% with Foxit PDF reader in Windows.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Kandinsky

Post by Kandinsky »

Be my guest if you wish to post the PDF link. Here's the txt guide for those who want a lighter version:

http://www.filedropper.com/ffguide

Thx in advanced.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Here we go, PDF format:
http://www.filedropper.com/myfootballfanaticguide_1

THX again for your contribution.
Kandinsky

Super Season + New Tactic

Post by Kandinsky »

Don't know if I was just lucky, but for the first time made a 100% victorious season, in season 1, serie D with Flora Tallin. Here's the Screenshot of every details:

free photo hosting[/img]
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Super Season + New Tactic

Post by dosraider »

Kandinsky wrote:...made a 100% victorious season, in season 1....
Bloody @#@#@#@# Kandinsky ..... :angry:
Not funny, not at all.

Joking, of course, congrats. :laugh:
Kandinsky

Post by Kandinsky »

One more post who I think it can be useful:

Stadium requirements per Division:

Serie C - 20 000 Capacity
Serie B - 35 000 Capacity (Which 10 000 are seats)
Serie A - 50 000 Capacity (Which 25 000 are seats)

You will fail promotion due to this, since you may not get enough funding to build the requirements.
:angry:
MrSteve

Post by MrSteve »

I registered an account just to post in this thread. I love Football Fanatic, and I'm really good at it. I'm able to become unbeatable (literally win every game and cup) and have a team and subs made up of teenagers with skills of 120+.

This is what I do:

Buy the best scout I can. Give him a budget of 10K initially and increase as I can afford it, eventually to 100K.
Get him to look for players for the youth team.
Buy the best youth coach I can and make sure the youth team is well funded.
Training is focussed on skill.

The scout will start finding future superstars (age 12 etc.) so it takes a few years before this tactic pays off, but eventually you have a few 17 year olds each year with skills of around 120. I sell these players whenever teams offer to buy them (usually around 60 million). This is fine as I always have a few youth players graduating every year.

Eventually I am division 1 champion, unbeatable, a full stadium of 300K+ fans, and a few hundred million in the bank.

I like to play 3-3-4 with constant attack/all out attacking/shoot every chance/touch football. It means I usually win 6 - X or 8 - X.

My tactic means the first few years are rough, but then my teams become invincible.