Finding different colored keys in a labyrinth

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
yng.latino

Post by yng.latino »

Hey guys, I played a game at approx. 2007 and it was an old fashioned game from bird's eye view I think, where you played a small character in different, very colourful levels and your key was to collect keys in different colours, with which you could open doors to collect another keys and so on..
I think I've played the game on Windows, unfortunately I do not have any further information, but when I see the game I know it's the one I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

yng.latino wrote: you played a small character in different, very colourful levels and your key was to collect keys in different colours, with which you could open doors to collect another keys and so on..
Sounds as if it could be something like Gauntlet, but you did not mention any enemies?

Maybe also look at Chip's Challenge.
yng.latino

Post by yng.latino »

MrFlibble wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:07 am
Sounds as if it could be something like Gauntlet, but you did not mention any enemies?

Maybe also look at Chip's Challenge.
Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately these are not the games. Mine was newer, probably made in early 2000s and I remember the levels mostly played in colourful gardens.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

"Colourful gardens" makes me think of God of Thunder, but it isn't really much newer than the ones I mentioned previously.

That aside, you could play with MobyGames' Game Browser's different filters and try to narrow down the search, like this:
DOS top-down view action games
Windows diagonal view adventure games

I think there is also a possibility that your game could have been made with a game creation tool like Game-Maker. Maybe try looking for it in the database of Game-Maker games:
https://aderack.com/game-maker/index.ph ... =Main_Page