[Windows] Sci-Fi 2D shooter

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Nukenstein

Post by Nukenstein »

Heya,

This is my first ever post on any forum like this, but I ran out of possibilities to find this game on my own.

What I can remember is:
That I played the game around 2004 on an old computer, must have been Windows 98 or 2000.
-2D
-Probably a 90s or millenium game
-Action, shooter

-Player is kind of grey in color, in a suit, maybe a robot.
-Camera follows the player seamlesly and movement is free. You can backtrack and there is no time limit to my knowledge.
-The camera does not move between sections, it follows the player directly with no loading zones.
-You shoot where your character looks, I believe that you can shoot to the side, 45 angle up and up. Not sure if you can shoot down.
-As far as I remember, there were no pickups, only gear you had was what you started with. There also was not a save system I think. You always started from beginning. But I was a kid at the time and did not understand English, maybe it was there.
-Animations are at a good framerate, not so choppy. (Take with a grain of salt)
-You are able to jump and move left and right without impairment.
-Location is some foresty area with stone pathway. The first thing you encounter is a hole in a ground which you should jump down into, otherwise if you jump over it, you end up in a fight with a UFO(not sure you can beat it). If you jump down the hole, which leads straight down, you fall into some kind of facility/dungeon with enemies that shoot at you.
I think that damage is one hit kill, but can't say for sure.
I remember that you can proceed left (dead end I think) or right in the facility and go through pretty far, through rooms, I also remember some kind of tunnel, then you had to jump down and could not get back up. Then you reach a room which is a dead end, but in which is some machine you can trigger. I believe it was a big red valve that you turn. That is where I always ended, never got past this area.

All of this is a bit hazy to me at this point, but I would be really happy if I found it, it is still in my head, but I cannot recall the name and even through extensive search, I did not find it.

Thanks and a have a good day.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Nukenstein

Post by Nukenstein »

Heya, thanks for the list. I checked all of the games until 2008, but no luck. I also dug through the entire box of CDs that I have at home... twice, but did not find it.

Perhaps it really was just a tech demo from some obscure developer that nobody heard of.