Old game in an arena

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
silviu083

Old game in an arena

Post by silviu083 »

Ok so i don't remember too much about it, but it was a game in an arena, i used to have it demo and i could only play against bots, and i could choose a character from a bunch of them, it was third person and you could switch it to first person too, i remember it was a character with a crossbow, one like balrog or a fire demon something like that, a tree like character, a lizard like creature, one guy that use lighting bolts, a giant or a cyclop, and every bot had a platform they were spawned on, and it was a vertical giant beam in the middle, and the main screen it was a demon head or a statue with a demon face and lava something like that, that's all i can remember, if anyone knows what im talking about please let me know, i really want to find it, thank's a lot <3 <3
BadNewsGrace

Old game in an arena

Post by BadNewsGrace »

I'd need more info like the time you played and the genre.
Cause if I suppose it was a fighting game and I supposed you're young enough to have played as toddler not more than 15-16 years ago, I could try with THRILL KILL. The problem is that THRILL KILL is a game famous because it was CANACELLED.
It was uploaded on the internet by the frustrated devolpoers and became a sort of cult. If you played you must have done at someone's house who knew about this "lil gem" and dowloaded it.

THRILL KILL has for sure the demon face in the main screen. This is the only thing i can give u for sure. And it can be mistaken for a statue of a demon.

I don't think you can switch in first person, but some replay had weird camera angle that could mess up with your memory.
The characters you describe could be associated to the ones in the game with a big big stretch. Expecially some monstrous one. I could associate the three the a small dude on stilts. But no Giant Beam absolutely.

Help me out. Do you remember the goal or the genre? It was a fighting game like Tekken? It was adventure?
It was a scrolling one? And what you mean for platforms? On what they spawn?

______

If not i remember a cousin having a PS2 Game, adventure, fantasy. You had 4 charcters: a lizard one, a guy trasnorming into a beat... and two more i dont' remeber of. Kinda dark light. You switch beteween them. I saw almost nothing but i can give it a try looking for on internet.
silviu083

Old game in an arena

Post by silviu083 »

Ok so, it isn't thrill kill, i played this game when i was young in 2012 or 2013 maximum, but the game was for sure older, let's say 2000s not more than 2010, and it wasn't that type of statue of a demon, it was like it's face but animated somehow, i know for sure in the tutorial i think it was, you got that guy with the crossbow and you had to open some gates and then you got to that beam and you had to activate it, and the selection screen for the characters it was in a mortal kombat style but you had the characters down on your screen and there were many you could choose from.
I think my game was demo, so the most i could do it was the tutorial, and just selecting a character, get in that arena, and there were 5 or 6 platforms like futuristic platforms where the enemies would spawn, and on those platforms you could spawn the same characters you could choose from, and they were only 1 on each platform, and you had to beat them, it wasn't like a tekken game, it was like a shooter where you could move wherever you want on that map with WASD, and aim with your clicks of course, i don't know how to name it.
And the arena was like a circle made out of a wall, and you could see the sky, mountains beyond that wall
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Old game in an arena

Post by MrFlibble »

Your description somewhat reminded me of GodMode and also a bit of Painkiller and maybe Firestarter.